• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Honestly aside from the HR's, the bats have been pretty quiet in this series. We are winning games because of great pitching and defence, which is a welcome change from the beginning of the year.

The team is just crazy in the zone right now.

That show is unwatchable. If Skip Bayless dies in a horrific acid in the face accident I would be very pleased.
Holy shit, you weren't kidding. That clip is the first time I've watched any of it, and I really don't get it.

Who wants to watch morons shouting at each other on TV?

Stephen A Smith on the Jays/Yanks shortly after the deadline:

[video=youtube;z0JsLBLNoOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JsLBLNoOw[/video]
I have an issue with a guy saying "My New York Yankees". People in Canada go crazy about guys on TSN and SN just mentioning the Leafs, even when they shit all over the team.

Get that ****ing homer off tv.

Pretty sure that's the single most watched sports show in the world atm. Which speaks volumes.

That said, the reactions everyone is expressing is unquestionably part of their intent. Getting people riled up is a very successful template in that medium.

No one wants to watch a bunch of nerds talk about sports all day. That shit is boring as ****. It's about having a personality, and those two have created characters that appeal to the common person. They don't watch it to learn or become enlightened, they watch it to be entertained. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I certainly understand that more than boring nerds speaking about sports. Kind of like how I enjoy Leafs Lunch on TSN 1050. I don't listen to gain knowledge - I use twitter or read nerdicles for that if I'm interested. The show is just flat out entertaining.

That show is unwatchable. If Skip Bayless dies in a horrific acid in the face accident I would be very pleased.

After watching that clip, I'm so glad Disney stock tanked last week. One of the big reasons is that ESPN has stopped growing.

It's like all of our previous weakness are now our strengths. Starting pitching, bullpen, defence.

Has been a joy to watch over the last month or so. Don't remember the last time I watched this much baseball.

Back