• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Morosi says Jays like Blackmon but Rox want Stroman.

Jays would want more.

Parra and Blackmon

for

Stroman Smoak and Zeke

?

Parra is not "more", though. He's being paid 8M and was the worst player in baseball last year.

Blackmon + McGee for Stroman + Smoak? Could be tempting, although we'd need to find a new SP.

Parra is not "more", though. He's being paid 8M and was the worst player in baseball last year.

Blackmon + McGee for Stroman + Smoak? Could be tempting, although we'd need to find a new SP.

He's a LH platoon partner for Upton, and they take ****er Smoak off our hands.

TBH, Stroman for Blackmon is probably close as it is.

He's a LH platoon partner for Upton, and they take ****er Smoak off our hands.

TBH, Stroman for Blackmon is probably close as it is.

Parra is probably marginally better than Carrera, but makes a lot more. Without the other pieces, I'd do a Smoak for Parra deal - Parra makes more, but plays a better position and should likely bounce back to at least replacement level. They also get someone who can play 1B for them when Desmond gets games at other positions.

But yeah, Stro for Blackmon is probably relatively fair overall otherwise. Blackmon would be a solid piece for us - leadoff hitter with big power and speed. But parting with Stro would be tough to handle.

Eaton gets the chisox pretty close to the same package the nats were offering for Sale. imo that's nuts. Eaton is not that type of player.

even though i do think he nats were smart to sell high on gio.

are you joking?

sarcasm, right?

3-4 WAR SP vs 3-4 WAR CF if you believe in Blackmon's breakout. Steamer doesn't believe in Blackmon - they only have him at 1.1 WAR for next year.

Given the 5 year age gap as well, it's pretty obvious why we wouldn't deal Stro for Blackmon straight up. And as mentioned - it really depends how much you believe in Blackmon. It's got the making of some sense to it, but could be a horrible deal as well.

Blackmon is a career nothing and has one fluke babip season at age 30 and he's worth stroman? nope.

Back