• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

LF-Ben Revere
2B-Devon Travis
3B-Josh Donaldson
DH-Kendrys MoralesF
1B-Steve Pearce/Justin Smoak
SS-Troy Tulowitzki
C-Russell Martin
RF- Saunders Bruce or Moss and Upton
CF- Kevin Pillar

Oh how versatile Jays fans.

Lineup to altar drastically vs LH and RH

LF-Ben Revere
2B-Devon Travis
3B-Josh Donaldson
DH-Kendrys MoralesF
SS-Troy Tulowitzki
C-Russell Martin
CF- Kevin Pillar

It's amazing how less shitty this looks with Jose in RF instead of that tandem, but i struggle with this brass surrendering a draft pick for 2 years of Jose. I'm not sure they do it, and frankly i very much understand it.

If he returned to form and they actually let him steal bases when he got on first, he might not be terrible. At least he can defend.

I prefer him way more than Bruce or Saunders.

Moss i only can support cause he can fill in at 1B as well, but he's another HR K guy.

If you are going to let EE and Jose walk you dont replace them with HR, cause those HR will be attached to shit contact and a ton of k's and bad outs.

You re-tool using high contact guys, and legit platoon mashers. Morales sort of fits that bill and Pearce does really well.

Smoak is useless, and Upton might be serviceable vs LHP, but the rest of the adds need to be calculated.

Revere might work, Melky might work. They need to look for 10% k-rate guys.

Angel Pagan is another guy if healthy should yield a long look, despite a terrible 2014 he's historically a pretty good hitter in a big park.

LF-Ben Revere
2B-Devon Travis
3B-Josh Donaldson
DH-Kendrys MoralesF
SS-Troy Tulowitzki
C-Russell Martin
CF- Kevin Pillar

Has there ever been a less efficient use of $160 million dollars in pro sports? Thankfully AA left us with Donaldson, Travis, Osuna, Stroman and Sanchez for cheap. Otherwise this team would just be filled with expensive slightly above average players.

Not sure there has been a Toronto management regeme whose strategy I disagree with more than "lets let our best players walk and only sign middle of the road players to big deals." Imagine 7 years from now if Shannyco were just like "lets let Marner and Nylander walk and replace them with three 2nd liners." Its like the Hawks trading Kane to keep Ladd and Byfuglien.

Last edited:
And we can talk about EE's agent misreading the market, but so did Shatkins. They could have just held off and brought back EE and Bautista on good deals at this point.

And we can talk about EE's agent misreading the market, but so did Shatkins. They could have just held off and brought back EE and Bautista on good deals at this point.

I suspect they never wanted EE to begin with.

Before the 4/80 offer the Jays knew that Kinzler was aiming for 5/125

If they know that's what he's aiming for, then it stands to reason he's going to turn down 4/80.

Then before he can actually hit the market and see what's out there, they give him a bizarre deadline to accept and pounce on Kendrys Morales.

In most situations like this the team makes an offer and tells the player to test the market and see what they can find and get back to them. This did not happen here. My fear because they didn't want EE to see that 4/80 looked pretty damn good.

I think they offered it to him just so they could say they tried hard to bring him back, and honestly it's going to work like a charm.

Sportsnet: "One industry source believes re-signing Michael Saunders is at the top of their list of alternatives, although the Blue Jays have also expressed interest in Ben Revere and Brandon Moss. On the trade front, they’d take Jay Bruce, but right now the New York Mets are treating the outfielder as a commodity that can return an asset, not a salary dump."

Awesome franchise we have.

Saunders is literally the least appealing of all the options.

He can't play the field or run
Strikes out a ton
Has a bunch of empty at bats
Fell off the damn cliff at the end of the year
Has bad knees that are going to explode or continue to limit him

If they have to pass on EE or Jose, get god damn productive PA's out of guys. Low k, high contract rate and plus defenders.

Don't go for low rent versions of Jose and chase HR's, take the opposite approach if need be. Christ. Revere makes more sense.

Thumbs up.

Bautista- Only FA with the potential to be a 3-4 WAR guy, but health and D make it harder. The draft pick at this point could be a problem if they are hedging.
Melky- He can't defend, but he'd be a great leadoff hitter for this group. Switch hitter that doesn't K and gets on base, and him playing LF with Pillar in CF is more agreeable than with Rasmus in CF
Pompey- Honestly at this point for no money i prefer giving him a shot to some of this garbage
Braun- Wish there was anything out there on this guy 4/80 is not terrible. Milwaukee might eat some of it and it won't be a crazy return. Still a deadly middle of the order bat with not embarrassing defence.
Puig- At this point why the hell not
Pagan- Underrated option. Good defender, Good baserunner, remover 2015 and a solid offensive contributer with a strong line drive rate, and his 12 HR power in San Fran could play well in the Rogers center. Possibly a poor man's Fowler for way less money

Thumbs sideways

Moss- HR hitting K monkey, but can play 1B with decent D and platoon from the left side with Upton
Revere- If you get Jose or Braun for real money and he's dirt cheap, i mean, i guess.
Smith- Same as Moss, can platoon with Upton
Zeke- Same as Revere, i can live with Zekton if there is expensive in RF

Thumbs down

Saunders- Bad D, bad contact, injury prone, can't run. **** off
Bruce- American Saunders

This is also assuming they don't have the minors to land a Blackmon, Cargo or Cutch and that the Tigers hold JD Martinez.

It's much harder to project trade candidates

Sportsnet: "One industry source believes re-signing Michael Saunders is at the top of their list of alternatives, although the Blue Jays have also expressed interest in Ben Revere and Brandon Moss. On the trade front, they’d take Jay Bruce, but right now the New York Mets are treating the outfielder as a commodity that can return an asset, not a salary dump."

Awesome franchise we have.
Gross.

vince-carter-says-its-over-o.gif

I don't even know if they care who they put in the OF.

The mandate is 2 years or less, as cheap as possible so they can address other positions for 2 years or less in case they need to sell off in July.

It's not giving up persay. It's just half going for it with a plan B and not tying more long term deals to the team

If that is the plan, they will take all 3 picks and run.

I legit wonder if these guys think they get P.R. brownie points for bringing back guys like Saunders and Revere.

Back