• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I wanted to stay far away from Matheny. And avoid a patronage hire like Wedge. And I'm glad the John Farrell rumour seems to have expired.

Don't know enough about Girardi.

I am surprised though that there aren't more 'household names' being considered.

The only household name that might have made sense was John Schneider in New Hampshire, but it sounds like they want a guy who has at least some level of MLB experience, be it managing, coaching or roster construction.

I've talked myself into Baldelli or Espada, i think.

Wedge seemed like the obvious choice had they replaced Gibby 2 years ago, but I haven't really heard his name mentioned this time around in the search. If he is hired, then all these other leaks are a great mis-direction by the Jays org to make it look like they did a big search, but the odds of him getting the job now seem pretty low.

How good is his Spanish?

Spanish is literally the only reason one might put Espada over the rest of the lot, but really it's morons like Jeff Blair that are blowing this thing out of whack. Atkins called speaking Spanish an asset but not a requirement, which is how it should be viewed. It's not that hard to find a bench coach that speaks Spainish if it's so damn important that someone needs to do it. Also the idea that Vlad or whoever won't develop as well without Spanish speaking manager is very dumb.

Enjoying a Roberto Blowsuna meltdown

Yeah, i ****ing hate Boston, but honestly aside from laughing at David Price, the only reason i hate them is from past players. I very much like most of the current Red Sox, and it's very easy to root for their ex-jay of 2018.

**** Osuna.

Forever go Milwaukee though, then the Dodgers.

Yeah, i ****ing hate Boston, but honestly aside from laughing at David Price, the only reason i hate them is from past players. I very much like most of the current Red Sox, and it's very easy to root for their ex-jay of 2018.

**** Osuna.

Forever go Milwaukee though, then the Dodgers.

Do you laugh at Price to self justify your love for Mark Shapiro?

Wedge seemed like the obvious choice had they replaced Gibby 2 years ago, but I haven't really heard his name mentioned this time around in the search. If he is hired, then all these other leaks are a great mis-direction by the Jays org to make it look like they did a big search, but the odds of him getting the job now seem pretty low.

He still gets mentioned quite often.

I fully expect it to be Wedge or another person with ties to Shapiro's past.

Back