• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

The fanbase wanted it back. It's the logo from when they won all of those Eastern Division titles and World Series championships back in the mid 1960s and 70s with Jim Palmer, Earl Weaver, Frank and Brooks Robinson, ect. A great retro logo IMO.
Ahh, well, I know next to nothing about baseball history. At least it's not some new thing they cooked up, but still looks pretty awful to me. I guess nostalgia for better times will make just about any logo/uniform look good to fans.

I still think its funny/cute, but yeah the only reason it's acceptable is because of its retro value and how many Hall of Famers wore it. If they came out with the logo today they would be pilloried.

Hechavarria batting .464 in LV so far this season... for what it's worth.

they have to get that team out of that city.

it makes AAA a deadzone for pitching prospects.... they won't even send their top guys down there if they can avoid it.. and it makes it really difficult to get excited about what a guy like hech is doing..

Don't just throw away Vegas numbers. Just knock off about 100-125 OPS points to adjust them properly.

Snider's current 1.140ops is good for an adjusted 1.000-1.050ops or so
Hech's current 1.125ops is good for an adjusted 1.000-1.025ops or so
Cooper's current 1.055ops is good for an adjusted .925-.950ops or so

Those are all legitimately very good numbers no matter that they play in Vegas.

Of course, the issue here is extremely small sample size. With them only having 25ab or so each so far, making the numbers pretty much meaningless anyways.

Thing is, Snider and Cooper have a history of being able to produce at this leve, while Hech just hasn't stopped hitting since leaving AA - including an cumulative 1.000ops or so (.875-.900 adjusted) in AAA, but also crushing the ball in both MLB and MiLB training camps this year.

Ya Vegas numbers aren't useless, they just need to be tempered. I agree the sample side makes it pretty meaningless. It's just encouraging that so far he's continuing from where he left off last season.

@Jaysproducer- combined numbers so far for SP Syndergaard/Nicolino/Sanchez in Lansing (A) - 12ip, 0er, 5bb, 17k, 0.83 whip, .122 opp avg #jays

That is just flat out awesome. Man I really hope this AA deal between the Jays and Ottawa works out.

Don't just throw away Vegas numbers. Just knock off about 100-125 OPS points to adjust them properly.

Snider's current 1.140ops is good for an adjusted 1.000-1.050ops or so
Hech's current 1.125ops is good for an adjusted 1.000-1.025ops or so
Cooper's current 1.055ops is good for an adjusted .925-.950ops or so

Those are all legitimately very good numbers no matter that they play in Vegas.

Of course, the issue here is extremely small sample size. With them only having 25ab or so each so far, making the numbers pretty much meaningless anyways.

Thing is, Snider and Cooper have a history of being able to produce at this leve, while Hech just hasn't stopped hitting since leaving AA - including an cumulative 1.000ops or so (.875-.900 adjusted) in AAA, but also crushing the ball in both MLB and MiLB training camps this year.

according to who?

like seriously...it is zekes opinion.....pretty sure it was obvious
good thing montana didnt post it :p

like seriously...it is zekes opinion.....pretty sure it was obvious
good thing montana didnt post it :p

Good site for this kind of thing is statcorner.com

Anyways, the PCL plays at a park factor of 119+ (19% above average, taking into account all professional levels of baseball being played from A to MLB). The International League plays at 96+ (4% below average) for a point of reference. More info on the Las Vegas team here: http://www.statcorner.com/team.php?team=LVG&year=2011&leag=PCL

Hard to say Zeke is exactly right, but you can see that the Vegas park inflates pretty much everything except HRs for LH, and that's not compared to the rest of minor league baseball, that's compared to the already inflated hitting stats of the PCL.

It's not an opinion, it's the numbers.

If you are brave enough to leave OPS behind and jump on the much better wOBA /wRC+ bandwagon, then you don't have to trust me at all - just go to fangraphs and look at their wRC+ numbers, which adjust for league and park (with 100wRC+ set at league average), letting you compare between minor leagues and parks very easily.

But if you want to stick with OPS, the 100-125pts of OPS as a rough rule works pretty well.

tumblr_m272ba0UzB1qbr5w0o4_250.gif

tumblr_m272ba0UzB1qbr5w0o1_250.gif

tumblr_m272ba0UzB1qbr5w0o3_250.gif

tumblr_m272ba0UzB1qbr5w0o2_250.gif

@Jaysproducer- Dunedin SP Sean Nolin this yr, 11.2IP, 0ER...last night 0BB, 11K...last 8 minor league starts 1.62 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 11.4 K/9

Studs at all levels. Nolin doesn't rate in the top 10 pitching prospects, but an 11k 0bb performance will make you get noticed if you're in A ball or anywhere else.

jcrasnick: Blue Jays have placed closer Sergio Santos on the paternity list and recalled pitcher Evan Crawford from Double-A.

Back