• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

If he actually is on trade waivers, then he should be recallable if the only claim was the Yankees. In that case, maybe we bring him back and send Cola down. I might be wrong about the rules, but what I might see happen:

-DV gets placed on waivers
-if the team that claims him is not a direct competitor, or is willing to give up a decent prospect, we work out a deal
-if not, then we pull him back, and put him back on the roster Monday or Tuesday and maybe send Schultz down temporarily.

In a way, this could be our best way to keep the extra pen for the weekend, since if you send Colabello down, he has to stay down for 10 days barring injury in order to recall him.

I hope that's right, and if so, I approve. What I hope is NOT the case is that we waived the guy who makes some coin to save the few hundred k down the stretch.
Can't recall him. Well you can but then you have to immediately outright him. At that point you lose him for nothing.

If he actually is on trade waivers, then he should be recallable if the only claim was the Yankees. In that case, maybe we bring him back and send Cola down. I might be wrong about the rules, but what I might see happen:

-DV gets placed on waivers
-if the team that claims him is not a direct competitor, or is willing to give up a decent prospect, we work out a deal
-if not, then we pull him back, and put him back on the roster Monday or Tuesday and maybe send Schultz down temporarily.

In a way, this could be our best way to keep the extra pen for the weekend, since if you send Colabello down, he has to stay down for 10 days barring injury in order to recall him.

I hope that's right, and if so, I approve. What I hope is NOT the case is that we waived the guy who makes some coin to save the few hundred k down the stretch.

He was DFA'd, not put on trade waivers can't be recalled.

that said, MLB waiver rules are friggin confusing. I dont know why if a team claims him it benefits them to work out a deal. Salary maybe?

I still donnt understand the valencia move.

Why dfa him to call up muny?

Just play DV at second.

As for goins insurance, In a pinch donaldson could move to ss for a few innings while dv plays third.

No reason to lose his bat for near nothing.

Last edited:
They don't trust DV at first or in left, let alone second.
Its the odd game here and there. Goins is gonna play second most days with travis on dl and tulo at short.

Its only days that tulo needs a break.

Or an inning here and there when you have to pinch hit for Goins. If you are pinch hitting for goins you arent protecting a lead.

Its the odd game here and there. Goins is gonna play second most days with travis on dl and tulo at short.

Its only days that tulo needs a break.

Or an inning here and there when you have to pinch hit for Goins. If you are pinch hitting for goins you arent protecting a lead.

If you ever want to pinch hit for Goins late ( which is always) you need someone to replace him in the MI. Valencia can't be trusted.

This team is built too well to continue to have defensive abortions in the field.

If you ever want to pinch hit for Goins late ( which is always) you need someone to replace him in the MI. Valencia can't be trusted.

This team is built too well to continue to have defensive abortions in the field.
When you pinch hit for him, it means you are most likely trailing in the game. You are trading the defense for some extra offense in that situation

When you pinch hit for him, it means you are most likely trailing in the game. You are trading the defense for some extra offense in that situation

Yeah, and then if you tie, or get a lead....you have to re-protect that lead. The dude simply isn't qualified to play anything other than third or first.

Mune, unfortunatly needs to be here.

Ill take my chances after tying or getting the lead rather than have munes bat around. His defence is merely average its not great and he cant hit a lick

Ill take my chances after tying or getting the lead rather than have munes bat around. His defence is merely average its not great and he cant hit a lick

Gibby has earned the right to not have anyone out of position on defense again, after we've seen Cola and Danny try to LF, Martin play 2B, and Edwin at 1B for years.

Championship clubs don't have those kind of things.

Also, in the 2 weeks Travis is gone, we don't face a LH starter. Valencia was going to be glued to the bench.

My only qualms are Colabello over Danny, even though it's close, and the 8 man pen....even though i get that too.

And not sorting this shit out prior to 4 o clock, so they could actually trade him. That's the big one for me.

Take Friday for example. Yes, they won, but wouldn't you rather have Navarro or Cola bat for Goins I'm a tie game in the bottom of the 8th or 11th? Without the infield on the roster, you can't hit for him.

that said, MLB waiver rules are friggin confusing. I dont know why if a team claims him it benefits them to work out a deal. Salary maybe?
Trade waivers you can recall the player or let them go. Like half of all MLB players are put on "trade waivers" in August.

DFA is separate from waivers. DFA clears from the 40 man, but you also then place them on waivers. I don't know if it's just the reporting or not, but most said trade waivers. And from my reading of the rules, after DFAing a player, you can actually re-instate them and bring them back.

Now I don't know the exact process they're going through with Valencia, but I think what I described before was legal.

Trade waivers you can recall the player or let them go. Like half of all MLB players are put on "trade waivers" in August.

DFA is separate from waivers. DFA clears from the 40 man, but you also then place them on waivers. I don't know if it's just the reporting or not, but most said trade waivers. And from my reading of the rules, after DFAing a player, you can actually re-instate them and bring them back.

Now I don't know the exact process they're going through with Valencia, but I think what I described before was legal.
You can call him back if the yankees grab him... but you have to immediately put him on outright waivers.

The difference beong on trade waivers he goes through the AL forst (in reverse order of standings) and on outright waivers it would be reverse order of standings but not qualifies by league

In all the excitement btw, Cole Hamels was traded to the Rangers for a bucket of minor leaguers, a few of them good.

Back