• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Apparently Price simply needs rest. Out about 10 days. Still not good having issues this early on in the contract.

For now. He's been one of the healthiest pitchers in the game the last few years, but definitely this is some major red flags to potentially worry about.

Apparently Price simply needs rest. Out about 10 days. Still not good having issues this early on in the contract.

Something still don't add up.

Price was going to dr james andrews for a second opinion, which means someone looked at him first and gave him a bad prognosis. How it goes from all that to "oh you just need some rest" after not playing since last year and entering spring training with issues in his elbow AND forearm ?

Something still don't add up.

Price was going to dr james andrews for a second opinion, which means someone looked at him first and gave him a bad prognosis. How it goes from all that to "oh you just need some rest" after not playing since last year and entering spring training with issues in his elbow AND forearm ?

Yeah, that's why I assume there's something going on, but they're basically going to pray that just not using his arm for a week or two will make any issues go away. At this point, if he does need TJS, it somewhat doesn't matter if the surgery happens now, or it happens in a month or two from now - the current TJS recovery time tends to be closer to 16 months, and even guys who are back within 12 months basically suck in their first year back from the surgery anyways. So if they can potentially delay the inevitable, it's worth it to try. Even if they waste half a season essentially rehabbing it, he still only might lose one year of action instead of 2 if he had to go under the knife.

Even though the general consensus is that if you are seeing Andrews it's surgery time, but it is possible that they went to him to Mollify Price, not necessarily because he was already given bad news.

That's one motherhumpin contract, and I expect people to operate a little differently in that atmosphere. Do we know who pushed the idea, Price or the team?

Pagan makes much more sense as a platoon partner for Upton than any of the mess we have in camp.

The idea of Zeke having a major league deal is offensive.

and over Upton in LF...

Lets not go crazy.

Upton plays a solid LF D, and hits LHP well. He serves a purpose

Lawrie's bat has been trash since he left the Jays, and he has issues getting on the field.

As a high upside minor league depth play though, with injury concerns at the position he plays. You look at it.

If it's Lawrie vs Pagan for some reason, it's no contest in favor of the LF

Lets not go crazy.

Upton plays a solid LF D, and hits LHP well. He serves a purpose

Lawrie's bat has been trash since he left the Jays, and he has issues getting on the field.

As a high upside minor league depth play though, with injury concerns at the position he plays. You look at it.

If it's Lawrie vs Pagan for some reason, it's no contest in favor of the LF

I'm pretty sure BJ has totally lost it. As in I expect him to be a replacement level player this year. Hope I'm wrong, but watching him swing thru/over/around any and all breaking balls last season was painful. Pretty sure his first half with the Braves was the anomaly going forward, not his time with us and the season prior.

That comment was more an expression of my frustration that Upton (and Smoak) are going to be regulars in our lineup than anything else.

Pagan would be a nice add though.

Back