• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Hanley would be the better pickup no?

I want atleast 1 vet pitcher if we are moving Dickey. Too many young guys on the pitching staff. We need a Doc Halladay.

Hanley would be the better pickup no?

I want atleast 1 vet pitcher if we are moving Dickey. Too many young guys on the pitching staff. We need a Doc Halladay.

He tried to come back for us last year and his body couldn't respond to the point where he would be the Doc we all knew.

Perhaps we should just go to the Doc Tree and pick another one.

So i was looking over our payroll and i couldn't believe what saw: Ricky Romero will be making $8 million this season. What the hell happened to that guy? Any chance we see him make a push this year? see as its his contract year.

Jays wavering on Sandoval per bullshit monger Cafardo.

Sox, Giants, WSox, Padres remain in mix with 5 year offers.

I think Sandoval will get way too massively overpaid to be worth it. Especially since he really doesn't fit the Jays that well, with Lawrie at 3B already. I would rather just sign someone like Lowrie to play 2B, and spend the money that would go to Sandoval on an OF or on pitching. If I were planning the off-season, I'd do the following:
-Sign Lowrie for 3/30
-Sign Robertson/Miller for 3/30 (or maybe 3/36)
-Trade Happ + Navarro to the Dodgers for Kemp + the Dodgers eating a lot of money this year, and less money as we go on. Bring his deal down to something like 5/75, and I could consider biting on that.

With those deals, and basic min contracts/arbitration estimates, the Jays can come in with a fairly decent team at around 150M total payroll.
Dickey/Buehrle/Stroman/Hutch/Estrada as the starting rotation
Robertson/Cecil/Loup/generic crap in the bullpen
Lineup:
Reyes SS
Lowrie 2B
Bautista RF
EE 1B
Kemp LF
Martin C
[DH] - Valencia/Izturis/Dirks/etc... can sub in games and give Bautista/EE/Kemp games at DH
Lawrie 3B
Pompey CF

It's not cheap, but it would be a fairly solid lineup. If they can't get Kemp, then I'd suggest trying to swing a deal to get Morneau or CarGon from the Rockies. Morneau would basically be Lind, but with defense and solidifying the Jays as Canada's team, and CarGon would be a potential for a big bat if he can stay healthy. They'd both take real prospects to deal for, but would fill needs in the lineup.

Kemp on turf is a just awful idea.

I did wonder though if LAD would move Justin Turner in a Navarro deal.

As for Robertson he was qualified for 15, so you aint getting him for 10

As much as i like Miller/Robertson i think i'd rather sign a Grilli type for less and get a LF

a sneaky pen arm no one is talking about?

Luke Gregerson his 21% whiff rate and 0.75 HR/9

He also has mild closer experience if that matters to you.

Would they bring back Casey Janssen? I doubt he gets paid as much as he would if he had a good year. I wouldn't blow 10 mill on a closer. BJ Ryan still sours me.

I was under the impression that Janssen is in the same camp as Rasmus is now. Not wanting to come back to the jays.

Rasmus i'm pretty sure was part of the "not such a close bunch" crowd that is being mentioned in the media. Not sure about Casey Janssen. I'm sure him costing us games last season probably didn't sit well, but who knows.

I'd take Janssen back if cheap.

Change the culture and break up this group. Both Casey and Rasmus should be let go. No brainer when you are not losing that much talent either. I liked Janssen but have always disliked Rasmus' attitude and the way he plays baseball.

Back