• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I'm not defending anyone. Bob Elliott coming out with this shortly after the death of Halladay is suspicious. Just saying. The guys a clown.

It is possible though.

Just as its possible that Halladay decided to work with the Phillies because their ST facilities are closer to his home.

BUT it must be Shatkins that f*cked up and disrespected our great late Halladay. MUST be because BOB F*CKING ELLIOTT said it.

Yeah. Elliott is arguably the most "plugged-in" Blue Jays reporter of all time. Not sure why you're confused that he would be the person with this information.

I know he was employed by the Sun for a long time, which sucks --- but Elliot is not the issue here.

I have no issue whatsoever with him reporting this.

It is possible though.

Just as its possible that Halladay decided to work with the Phillies because their ST facilities are closer to his home.

BUT it must be Shatkins that f*cked up and disrespected our great late Halladay. MUST be because BOB F*CKING ELLIOTT said it.

and that it is absolutely believeable that those twats would expect Roy Halladay to ****ing apply for the job and then turn him down. Team Shatkins is an old boys club for misfit toys, and someone with a history of excellence that doesn't align with their "process" wouldn't be welcome, regardless of his history with the club.

I've been telling you about this twats MO for a couple years now and you wanted to chalk it up to my being angry. I wasn't *just* angry, I just knew who this greasy **** was before we hired him. It's all played out almost exactly like I warned, and not because I'm some ****ing genius, but because the guy is a one trick pony with a shitty trick. This was known about him in Cleveland, and it's largely why he was pushed to the side a couple years before he left. He talks a way, way better game to the suits than he plays. In Rogers Land, that will keep him hired for a long time.

and that it is absolutely believeable that those twats would expect Roy Halladay to ****ing apply for the job and then turn him down. Team Shatkins is an old boys club for misfit toys, and someone with a history of excellence that doesn't align with their "process" wouldn't be welcome, regardless of his history with the club.

I've been telling you about this twats MO for a couple years now and you wanted to chalk it up to my being angry. I wasn't *just* angry, I just knew who this greasy **** was before we hired him. It's all played out almost exactly like I warned, and not because I'm some ****ing genius, but because the guy is a one trick pony with a shitty trick. This was known about him in Cleveland, and it's largely why he was pushed to the side a couple years before he left. He talks a way, way better game to the suits than he plays. In Rogers Land, that will keep him hired for a long time.

I'm willing to give them a little leeway to see what their vision actually is, since so far they're mostly just kind of stalled in place.

But this is one of those rumours that certainly falls under the "yeah, I could see that" camp. I'm not 100% sure it's true, but definitely not just the rumblings of someone with an axe to pick. Of course, on the flipside, maybe he applied and there was a legit reason why they didn't want to hire him. I mean, just because a guy used to pitch for the team, it doesn't mean they can just walk in and get any job they want.

Come on. The outpouring of stories from pitchers who say Halladay greatly helped their career is incredible. The consummate professional. The hardest worker. The best person. Anyone who didn't want a guy like that working with their young players deserves their judgement questioned.

He's not just "some guy who used to pitch for the team". He's the guy you want around your pitchers.

It is possible though.

I don't really see what is so unbelievable about what Elliott wrote but it definitely makes more sense than what you're suggesting is just as possible. Halladay was already employed by the Phillies and went through with an application process to work with the Jays just to change his mind and stay with the Phillies? He had been in Dunedin a few times during his career, I think he would have known the distance to the field from his place pretty well.

Not saying Elliott is definitely right but I'm sure that'll be brought up at some point soon and Shatkins will have to address it.

The driving distance between Dunedin and Clearwater is like 20 minutes. Doubt a guy like Halladay would care.

Disrespecting a guy like Halladay and asking him to apply for that kind of job is just gross.

In other MLB news, looks like Ohtani is getting closer and closer to being officially posted. Doubt the Jays have any serious chance at him, but at least makes for a very interesting off-season of speculating where he ends up.

Yeah get on the phone with the dealmaker and get something good out that stacked Braves system. Preferably something that lines up with Vladdy and Bo's arrival.

How much $ did AA make Rogers the past 3 years? Ironic they went cheap with him and offered him a crappy deal.

Actually, because of the backlash they offered AA a lot of money and term to stay.

AA left because his role was going to be reduced to a highly paid coffee boy for Shapiro.

Everything that has recently gone wrong with this organization began with the hiring of Shapiro.

It's complete bullshit that this team wasn't all-in to win the last two years (esp 2016). Now the window is closed and we have an "asset manager" in charge with a mandate to save money.

Vaddy JR is gonna save this organization in 3 years. AA is the man responsible for him.

jcrasnick

The #BlueJays and #Mets have reached out early on free agent Lorenzo Cain, sources say. #Rangers, #Mariners and #SFGiants also have CF openings and could be potential fits. The Giants are juggling a lot of balls right now.

Back