• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Fair points. Some of their gambles haven't worked out this year. I never liked the Pearce signing. I was hopeful Morales wouldn't complete shit. The team as a whole has been crap. Donaldson isn't anywhere near where he's been the previous few years. Its been a bad year for almost everyone. Something is rotten on this team thats for sure.

Does Gibby get canned?

I'm not giving up on Gourriel just yet.

Besides Happ, Pearce has arguably somehow been their best signing (should be traded though). Donaldson has played 50 games this season.

Last edited:
Dee Gordon gives the Jays a speed, D and on base element they simply do not have.

I hate the idea of giving up on Travis, but maybe you begin the process of moving him to a corner OF spot. His bat could play there.

Good, because he'd probably be injured and unable to play there.

Gray's actually been pretty solid this year, will be a nice pickup for someone. Not sure we're going to want to give up the prospects it will take, however.

Solid, but not exactly good, and his value is tied to his age and control. Will cost too much to get him

Nah, he's been solid. 3.4 FIP/xFIP, slightly higher ERA. But yeah, the flaw is that to deal for him, you're basically giving up probably any 2 prospects from our system not named Guerrero, and I don't see SP as our biggest need. With Stro+Sanchez+Happ, that's still a solid top-3 even if we deal Estrada or give up hope that he can solve whatever is ailing him. I don't see Gray as enough of an upgrade to be worth the prospect cost.

It might seem all doom and gloom on this management but they haven't had long to work here yet. They f*cked the EE extension. Beyond that i don't see what they could've done. Morales for EE is a big screw up. This year has sucked big time. I find no joy in watching this team play this year. First season in years i haven't gone to a single game.

Have we had the prospects to make deals? Aren't we pretty high on some of the prospects that could be moved to improve the big club?

Fowler didn't want to come here imo. Likely used the Jays to leverage more money from the Cards. Happ has been a quality signing that. Liriano has been decent considering we got him for nothing while getting a couple of decent prospects.

I don't want to make excuses for Shatkins as they've been underwhelming to say the least. BUT i don't think they've gotten enough time yet to fully judge them here. Bo Bichette looks like a star in the making.

They do not get any credit for signing Happ. Tony LaCava and AA's staff were in charge of that entire off season.

So Shatkins record takes a big blow.

Stroman is such a stud. I love watching him. If the Jays trade this guy...fml.

I find it interesting that we are rumored to be in on Sonny Gray and Dee Gordon. Gordon is locked up for another 4 years. Sonny Gray has 2 more years of control. I like Sonny Gray quite a bit and would give up good prospects to secure a 1-2-3 of Stroman-Sanchez-Gray for a few years. Gordon not so much unless we get him for near nothing.

I wonder what the plan would be with Devon Travis if we acquired Dee Gordon. Do we rotate Tulo between SS and DH, then Travis between part-time 2B and majority time DH, than Gordon majority 2B and very part time SS? IF healthy i'd like to keep Travis' bat in the lineup. Maybe with more DH time he'd stay healthier and prolong a promising career.

It really comes down to Donaldson. If we sign him long term than i'm all for these deals. If not well f*ck we're toast.

Stroman is such a stud. I love watching him. If the Jays trade this guy...fml.

I find it interesting that we are rumored to be in on Sonny Gray and Dee Gordon. Gordon is locked up for another 4 years. Sonny Gray has 2 more years of control. I like Sonny Gray quite a bit and would give up good prospects to secure a 1-2-3 of Stroman-Sanchez-Gray for a few years. Gordon not so much unless we get him for near nothing.

I wonder what the plan would be with Devon Travis if we acquired Dee Gordon. Do we rotate Tulo between SS and DH, then Travis between part-time 2B and majority time DH, than Gordon majority 2B and very part time SS? IF healthy i'd like to keep Travis' bat in the lineup. Maybe with more DH time he'd stay healthier and prolong a promising career.

It really comes down to Donaldson. If we sign him long term than i'm all for these deals. If not well f*ck we're toast.

lol

I don't really think that should be an 'if'

you expect Rogers to pony up the money he will command?

F*ck man i hope so.

We might not get an MVP level player on this team for a while if we move Donaldson. Keep the good times rolling. So much more money to be made if they invest in this team. Everywhere i go the Blue Jays have an identity in their brand. And i don't mean walking around Toronto. Caribbean countries are littered with jays gear. Cities outside the GTA have a Jays following.

This team is struggling more than it is bad. A few of the players have gotten stale and should probably be moved. Bautista is the guy i think needs to be moved most. No longer the masher he used to be. We really needed to get help in the outfield in the offseason and Shatkins didn't deliver. There was possibly a hope that Bautista would rebound but now its just looking like a decline due to age.

Donaldson, Tulo, Martin, Smoak(is he for real yet?) is a decent 4/9 start to the batting order. Pillar being anything higher than a 8/9 hitter is a waste he but should be cheap and still great defensively. The rest of the lineup is garbage. We need help offensively. More guys that can spray the ball and run a bit. Dee Gordon would be a decent get for 2B.

What other vets are available out there that could help this team in this cores window? McCutchen? JD Martinez as FA? Are we comfortable with one of Alford, Smith Jr or Pompey taking over an OF spot? I suppose depending on what we do with the rest of the lineup.

We need more money and i still hold out hope Rogers isn't as cheap as some of you claim.

I was hopeful for Morales, but he's been garbage. Likely no hope there. Waste of 10 million from the budget.

The fact that we have rolled with Goins and Barney for this long tells me that there is no real interest in acquiring a player that will cost a prospect.

Also isn't trading anyone for prospects.

We have a clearly planned strategy of inactivity to keep us firmly in the cellar.

They will trade players for prospects. Smith will get moved. Maybe Carrera, Loup and one of Barney or Goins.

Estrada and Liriano have killed so much of their value. Gotta imagine they are on the block.

Back