• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

You know, I shouldn't complain since we are 11-10 with a tough April schedule, that is all right. However, its a shame because this team has really missed out on about 4 or 5 extra wins.

Not sure why people are shitting on McGowan, was pitching well until that inning, pitch count in the 60's, gives up a walk with 2 borderline calls, a comebacker to the mound that takes an unlucky bounce, and a "hit batter" who wasn't actually hit. Then gets yanked by Gibbons. Whoever posted that this should get him kicked out of the rotation, committed a #fireableoffense. Gibbs generally makes the right call, but that was a mistake.

Mr Bipolar, aka MLBJB. McGowan was definitely nickel and dimed in the 5th, probably should have been allowed to find his way out of it.

McGowan came out after the game and said he starts to tire after 60-65 pitches.

It also looks like this experiment might not last longer.

John Lott ‏@LottOnBaseball · 1h
McGowan admits he starts to tire at 60-65 pitches. “Body just feels like it runs out of steam a little bit. I shouldn’t be feeling that."

How long will the McGowan experiment last? The pitcher’s own comments raise some doubts. #BlueJays game story: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...roughed-up-in-ugly-loss-to-baltimore-orioles/

But yeah, I am just making this shit up. There is no need for personal attacks Deckie.

Last edited:
McGowan came out after the game and said he starts to tire after 60-65 pitches.

It also looks like this experiment might not last longer.

McGowan admits he starts to tire at 60-65 pitches. “Body just feels like it runs out of steam a little bit. I shouldn’t be feeling that."

How long will the McGowan experiment last? The pitcher’s own comments raise some doubts. #BlueJays game story: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...roughed-up-in-ugly-loss-to-baltimore-orioles/

But yeah, I am just making this shit up. There is no need for personal attacks Deckie.

That's interesting...not surprising though. Also, internet message forums were built on personal attacks.....shithead. :p

If he can't make it past 60, then he needs to be in the bullpen as the long relief guy. That or you tag team his starts. He gets 60, Happ (Redmond, Rogers, etc) gets 40-50, which should take you to the 7th or so.

There's an off day before his next scheduled start. Rest him for a cycle, continue to stretch him out, and see what happens. I think it's too early to give up on him as a starter.

Back