• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

We don't need all-star production from our backup catcher- I mean, as long as he can be average defensively and hit better than an average pitcher that's an upgrade on what we've gotten the last few years.

If Teoscar can give us something too that would be sweet. Maybe we can still hope that Morales can bounce back next year too - a lot of people had him as a sleeper pick this year so maybe still something there. If he does that will go a long way to helping our chances for next year.

He will be 35 next season. He's not gonna improve at this point.

That series of moves (dicking about with EE, and panic signing Morales) was the concrete sign that our worst fears concerning Shatkins were correct imo. Even as bearish as I was about them, there was some wiggle room concerning their competence and the direction of the club until that. After that though...nope, none.

Shapiro took the job under the assumption that he was getting a tear down, and never was willing or able to shift gears when what he was really handed was a WS contender. It was cheap bandaid after cheap bandaid until the bleeding was just too much.

Just to bad they went behind the back of one of the more respected exec's in baseball to replace him and scared off all the good candidates.

What's worse than not going all in is half assing a rebuild,

These idiots seem poised to le Donaldson walk so they can keep attendance up while claiming they are "competing".

If you arent going for it, truly going for it. You cant let premier guys walk, have to cash in.

That series of moves (dicking about with EE, and panic signing Morales) was the concrete sign that our worst fears concerning Shatkins were correct imo. Even as bearish as I was about them, there was some wiggle room concerning their competence and the direction of the club until that. After that though...nope, none.

Shapiro took the job under the assumption that he was getting a tear down, and never was willing or able to shift gears when what he was really handed was a WS contender. It was cheap bandaid after cheap bandaid until the bleeding was just too much.

Sums up my thoughts nicely.

They got away with patches for one off-season. But then they had actual difficult decisions to make. This season, we have evidence on the field of how they managed those decisions.

What's worse than not going all in is half assing a rebuild,

These idiots seem poised to le Donaldson walk so they can keep attendance up while claiming they are "competing".

If you arent going for it, truly going for it. You cant let premier guys walk, have to cash in.

There is no harm in keeping Donaldson if you're filling out the rest of the roster properly. They have one more chance. Odds are they fail...

They wont fill it out properly.

And they will be in the WC mix enough there they dont trade him at the deadline, and we all know there will be no extension.

All that for a wild card chase?...

Not saying this is a good or bad thing, but the season Toronto has next year kinda depends on a lot of internal options and one or 2 key pickups. I expect Donaldson to be great and Smoak to have decent season.

1) Sanchez
2) Osuna
3) Tulowitzki
4) Travis
5) OF'ers and another real starter

Not saying this is a good or bad thing, but the season Toronto has next year kinda depends on a lot of internal options and one or 2 key pickups. I expect Donaldson to be great and Smoak to have decent season.

1) Sanchez
2) Osuna
3) Tulowitzki
4) Travis
5) OF'ers and another real starter

Yeah if if everything goes right, it's in the wild card mix

As for the OFers, i fully expect a Zeke/Pearce, Pillar, Teoscar OF, and Estrada back as the 4.

Morales bocks so much. If they can punt him and move Pearce to DH and get a real FA OF i'd be interested, but i aint holding my breath

Morales kind of ****s up our whole roster. Just because we're so old and injury prone, and he offers basically negative versatility.

Yeah if if everything goes right, it's in the wild card mix

As for the OFers, i fully expect a Zeke/Pearce, Pillar, Teoscar OF, and Estrada back as the 4.

Morales bocks so much. If they can punt him and move Pearce to DH and get a real FA OF i'd be interested, but i aint holding my breath

If they run with the bolded they won't win a wildcard.

Alford is probably better than all of them. Really though they need a FA (or trade) OF'er.

Back