• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Like said above. Bring back Bautista/EE and our lineup is improved. Find someone to take smoak and your laughing. Pearce is a LF/RF/1B utility guy. Would be lots of ABs to go around for him.

Maybe talk Joey into going to LF.

If we weren't good enough with both EE and Bautista the last two years, with them and without more than just Morales and Pearce, I don't know how we get it done.

Especially since we lost others too, like Cecil.

We actually need MORE than what we had before, not the same or less.

If we weren't good enough with both EE and Bautista the last two years, with them and without more than just Morales and Pearce, I don't know how we get it done.

Especially since we lost others too, like Cecil.

We actually need MORE than what we had before, not the same or less.

We made the ALCS back to back years and lost in a 7 game series.

Were good enough with Jose and EE.

Making the playoffs 2 years in a row is good enough. Playoffs are a crapshoot.

There is no formula or player to taking a back to back ALCS group and making them a WS group. It's chance.

The Jays need slightly different, not better. A better bullpen, fewer Smoak/Upton types who aren't particularly good but can't put the ball in play when they're not hitting a 420 footer.

I want them to bring our two mashers back and just add at the deadline.

Why aren't we graduating one of the young OF studs we have? That would free up cash in a hurry.

The Jays need slightly different, not better. A better bullpen, fewer Smoak/Upton types who aren't particularly good but can't put the ball in play when they're not hitting a 420 footer.

Can i talk you into Melky.

I feel like his defence is less of a problem with Pillar as opposed to Rasmus in C.

Makes great contact, 10% k rate.

We should just resign Bautista and EE if want to do damage next season. Trade Smoak for a relief pitcher.

Maybe go for a guy like Greg Holland on an incentive based deal. Should be easy to sell ownership on paying up the bonus money if he is performing and so is the team. If the team isn't contending you could always trade Holland to the highest bidder.

Another name is Derek Holland. He could be a cheapish LH rp/sp. He'd be good depth to have if he's cheap.

Yeah I totally agree with bringing EE and Bautista back. With Morales hitting switch begin EE is a great option. As Morales is a great contact guy. Also think he will have good power numbers in Rogers. Pearce is the utility guy needed to get rid of smoak. Now we just don't get quicker that's the downside to all this.

even if they get rid of smoak, which is a big if

Morales and EE coexisting for 3 years is not even close to ideal. Adding in Jose too is borderline funny

I think there are enough at-bats to get around for everyone. I doubt everyone stays healthy through out the year anyway. Bautista in LF could be decent defensively if healthy. He's always been a good athlete. He's had issues but hopefully an entire offseason to heal up does him good.

The problem is payroll and whether Rogers would pony up to get payroll up into the 170's.

even if they get rid of smoak, which is a big if

Morales and EE coexisting for 3 years is not even close to ideal. Adding in Jose too is borderline funny

I think Jose would come with a 2 year deal. And I can see them coexisting and if it all falls apart trade some of them to help rebuild. Why worry about 3 years from now. Worry about next year

Rogers needs to open up the wallet.

It's not happening. There isn't even much to spend on that makes sense anymore.

They will get to 165, but with a handfill of mediocre deals

Bradon Moss or Michael SAunders 2/16
Ben Revere 1/6
LHRP 6-7m AAV
RHRP 6-7 AAV
Catcher 4M

That right there is a very unimpresssive 30M spent.

Back