• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

As long as that downtown Toronto building isn't the Dome....

I doubt Osuna sees the mound again until at least after the all-star break, and if he is convicted he'll likely never play for the Jays again.

Osuna might be toast.... and perhaps he should be.

Last edited:
I doubt Osuna sees the mound again until at least after the all-star break, and if he is convicted he'll likely never play for the Jays again.

Osuna might be toast.... and perhaps he should be.

lol. you are wrong.

he may not be back any time soon, or potentially this season, but his career will not end over this.

See above -- I said perhaps

And I wouldn't "lol" at assault if I were you...

my god you're dense. I was "lol"ing your post, dumdum.

and my "you are wrong" applied to both sentences one and two.

we still do not even know what the allegations are beyond domestic assault.

and, realistically, I doubt this ever even goes to trial. the most likely sequence of events, in my mind, involve Osuna hiring himself a good lawyer, and agreeing to some sort of plea deal.

lol. you are wrong.

he may not be back any time soon, or potentially this season, but his career will not end over this.

Chapman seems to have more or less recovered his reputation (or at least, people care less about what he did a few years ago), so assuming whatever is going on with Osuna isn't significantly worse, yeah, he'll likely be back.

Now, there's always a chance that the team may not want to "condone" the behaviour and could trade him, most likely what will happen is that he'll get his 30/50/80 game suspension, the team will announce him donating a large portion of his salary to a woman's shelter, maybe he goes in for extra counselling, and then they welcome him back onto the field to a very mixed applause sometime in July/August.

but you can use that same argument every year.

Nah ...he is a special talent but so was Bryant but the Cubs stalled it a bit .

I just want to delay it a bit to give us a break financially .

If he is great he will get paid , but no issue using the CBA rules in favour of the team.

end of the homestand?

It’s definitely not too early to DfA Morales. Nobody is going to take him, so he can just go down to AAA and see if he can learn to hit again. Initially I thought it made sense to give Morales at least until mid-June, but the team needs some roster flexibility and he is worse than I could have imagined. Just awful.

my god you're dense. I was "lol"ing your post, dumdum.

and my "you are wrong" applied to both sentences one and two.

we still do not even know what the allegations are beyond domestic assault.

and, realistically, I doubt this ever even goes to trial. the most likely sequence of events, in my mind, involve Osuna hiring himself a good lawyer, and agreeing to some sort of plea deal.

This response from you is very defensive and disappointing. I still recommend that you take these allegations seriously and not brush them off with an "lol". The police have charged Osuna. It's pretty serious.

And if he pays her off it's pretty much an admission of guilt. These is real possibility that Osuna simply isn't good dude and perhaps might be toast. We'll have to wait and see.

With that said - unless there is an underlying opinion that you're not expressing publicly there was no reason for the extreme defensive reaction you displayed here.

It’s definitely not too early to DfA Morales. Nobody is going to take him, so he can just go down to AAA and see if he can learn to hit again. Initially I thought it made sense to give Morales at least until mid-June, but the team needs some roster flexibility and he is worse than I could have imagined. Just awful.

This happened with Adam Lind a few years back and it reinvigorated his career. Morales is much older though. Going down at 34 probably doesn't have the same impact as going down at 28. So I doubt it does anything.

It's just time to completely move on from Morales. This signing never worked.

At this point the team is just embarrassing him by throwing him out there.

Last edited:
This response from you is very defensive and disappointing. I still recommend that you take these allegations seriously and not brush them off with an "lol". The police have charged Osuna. It's pretty serious.

And if he pays her off it's pretty much an admission of guilt. These is real possibility that Osuna simply isn't good dude and perhaps might be toast. We'll have to wait and see.

With that said - unless there is an underlying opinion that you're not expressing publicly there was no reason for the extreme defensive reaction you displayed here.

I cannot tell if you are trolling me or are just really dense.

and if you consider that an "extreme defensive reaction", then I am inclined to think it is the latter.

your posts also demonstrate a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of our criminal justice system, but that is another can of worms entirely.

This type of stuff has ended guys careers before, just look at Ray Rice and Voynov. It really depends on what happens.

It has also not ended careers before, like Chapman. The fact is that we have no idea what the end result might be. I mean, they could literally drop everything anyday, or announce that he'd done for the season. Unless if someone is on his legal team, it's all just idle speculation.

Like I said, it really depends on what happens. If he gets convicted, pleads guilty its bad. If not then he'll get another shot somewhere.

Back