• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Our big guys flopped this series. Offense was embarrassingly bad. Poor at bat after poor at bat.

Credit to the Indians for pitching a hell of a series. I hope they win it all now.

Another amazing season come to a close. It's going to suck having to wait half a year for baseball to start again, but it was a fun ride. Congrats to Cleveland. They were more than aptly described as a buzz-saw.

Well at least JoeyBats got a hit in his last AB as a Jay.

Pathetic display of offence by the team.

Still an ALCS though; much better than many teams and definitely much better than what we are used to around here.

This team has holes. The line up is not good enough to win a world series. Pitching is much harder to fix and we have that almost covered. For the line up though, people need to take their blue colored glasses off and accept that this is not a small sample size situation. We need a couple of key upgrades.

Only one of the big bats to show up this series was Donaldson. Bautista, Tulo and, to a lesser extent, EE were all brutal. That was the difference in the series. The pitching was outstanding and should have been enough to get it done.

Sometimes winning a championship is a journey. You have to build and rebuild and tweak and tweak and tweak till you get there.

This is a big summer coming up. Rogers better step up and management better step up.

Some big changes may/will come. I don't see Joey Bats back. I see a stronger bottom of the line up hitters with a " just get on base" approach to hitting. I wouldn't even be surprised if Martin isn't back. I don't see Saunders back either.

Can't win a game where their starting pitcher goes 0.2 innings
Can't win a game against Josh ****ing Tomlin
Can't win a game against a guy with 11 career innings.

Terrible series.

Martin needs to stay healthy. Having Thole as a backup catcher cost the Jays the ability to preserve Martin a bit. Besides games where Dickey played he was unplayable. Need a quality back up catcher i think.

Upton and Saunders both gotta go. Not good enough to be starters. Saunders will be more expensive than he's worth.

Bautista was shit all year. Injured. Garbage defensively. Time to move on unless he comes super cheap. I could see us keeping Bautista as a 1B/DH/4thOF if Edwin leaves.

Edwin is gone.

Back