• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Vlad with a walk and a single in his first two AB's returning from injury.

Get his ass to Buffalo, then get his ass to the Jays mid April 2019

and trade off some shit, even the shit with control on it like Solarte, Pillar and Smoak.

Don't try to sell us on contending in 2019 when you have 30M sunk in a mediocre DH and a bottom 5 C in MLB.

I know it is alot of money, but why not just trade their asses outta here and pay like 2 thirds of their contract. Better than letting them just stay home and allows younger players to get their reps.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that the jays management is going to royaly screw up this trade deadline?
I know that injuries have decimated this team this year, but wouldnt it be wise to try and twin together a couple of assets, with the martins and tulos on the payroll and free this team from the budgetary constraints each has.
If you arent sold on strolman, then trade him and tulo as a package. The return maybe be a b prospect, if anything at all, but you get rid of his money for the next few seasons. Same as martin, twin him with osuna. You might still get a decent prispect with this type of scenario. It seems to me that the deadline is where you would make these types of trades because other teams may place more value on the present and not be worried about the future.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that the jays management is going to royaly screw up this trade deadline?
I know that injuries have decimated this team this year, but wouldnt it be wise to try and twin together a couple of assets, with the martins and tulos on the payroll and free this team from the budgetary constraints each has.
If you arent sold on strolman, then trade him and tulo as a package. The return maybe be a b prospect, if anything at all, but you get rid of his money for the next few seasons. Same as martin, twin him with osuna. You might still get a decent prispect with this type of scenario. It seems to me that the deadline is where you would make these types of trades because other teams may place more value on the present and not be worried about the future.

nonsense alert

tulo is untradeable save for attaching vlad or bo to him.

why would you attach anyone?

why do we need to get rid of tulo's salary? what are we going to use that money on? you think we're suddenly going to start buying big name free agents?

why do we need to get rid of tulo's salary? what are we going to use that money on? you think we're suddenly going to start buying big name free agents?
Trading Martin while eating virtually all his salary might be a good move to open up space for Jansen.

But Tulo? Yeah, not like we're using that money for anything else, so why waste assets to dump him?

Exactly. This administration won't re-invest the money anyway.

Tulo might be toast, but it's not like they will use the money elsewhere anyway. Adding Tulo to a package right now likely won't increase the return, so just keep him and see if he can do something next year to increase his value. At that point you can think about moving him.

Exactly. This administration won't re-invest the money anyway.

Tulo might be toast, but it's not like they will use the money elsewhere anyway. Adding Tulo to a package right now likely won't increase the return, so just keep him and see if he can do something next year to increase his value. At that point you can think about moving him.

Never mind that most teams in the hunt are desperate to stay under the luxury tax levels, no way any of them would take on any cash for this year. Moving Martin after the season would make sense - we eat down the contract enough to get something of value for him, and with only 1 year left someone would give us something for him. But Tulo's going to need a full season next year to have any hope of regaining value moving into the end of his deal. If we had a SS that I trusted ahead of him on the depth charts, then I'd be in favour of simply releasing him and eating the money. Even in that case, I'm not even sure that too many teams would be knocking on his door to sign him for league min even.

will donaldson play again this season?

no one seems to know

Regarding Martin, he can share C with Jansen next year and if someone wants him at the deadline then you can eat salary and move him.

Luke Maile both has options and isn't someone you should worry about dicking around if you have to.

The Jays are likely a year away from actually spending on FA, when Martin/Morales expire, and Tulo only costs 14M. By then they should have a better idea of where Vlad/Bo slot in, which of Grichuk/Teoscar/Lourdes/ have roles and where post 2020, and who of Biggio/Smith/Jansen/Alford/Bouricki/Pannone/ReidFoley are able to help the club. All will be cheap, so you can fill the rest of the holes with money.

Regarding Osuna, i was all for getting a haul for him prior to his problems, i'm much less in favor of taking twenty cents on the dollar while his court case is still up in the air. Let that settle and trade him in the Winter if you want. This is one case where you surely get less for the player with more term.

The Jays are likely a year away from actually spending on FA,

MarkShapiro1280_b3x60d7s_u51z1wb6-777x437.jpg

The Jays are likely a year away from actually spending on FA, when Martin/Morales expire, and Tulo only costs 14M. By then they should have a better idea of where Vlad/Bo slot in, which of Grichuk/Teoscar/Lourdes/ have roles and where post 2020, and who of Biggio/Smith/Jansen/Alford/Bouricki/Pannone/ReidFoley are able to help the club. All will be cheap, so you can fill the rest of the holes with money.

Regarding Osuna, i was all for getting a haul for him prior to his problems, i'm much less in favor of taking twenty cents on the dollar while his court case is still up in the air. Let that settle and trade him in the Winter if you want. This is one case where you surely get less for the player with more term.

Yup.

Given that, I would eat most of Martin's deal to move him in the winter, and give Jansen/Maile a year together behind the plate to get used to things. Maybe Tulo can come back and be above replacement level - if not, there's not much left in the deal to worry about. Morales' deal is done, and none of our younger guys are FA yet. The problem is the 2020 season is the last year of control for Sanchez, Stroman, Osuna, Pillar, Grichuk, and Travis, which means a lot to deal with. But the advantage in that case is that if we're still not quite pushing in enough, that's a lot of trade bait to restock with. Or maybe some of them we look to deal either this winter with 2 years left, or next summer where they have 1+ left.

I'd agree as well on Osuna. You're not going to get full value for him dealing him right now. The only reason to do that is if you worry about the PR reaction, or that he'll get convicted and not be able to get a US visa.

Back