• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Keeping goins over upton is turning out to be their best move of the off season.

It ended up working out because we needed someone to play due to the injuries.

Goins himself is actually worse than he's even been. The majority of his current season numbers are below his own career norms, which obviously aren't lofty. I think he's something like 2 for his last 22.

His dWar is actually negative right now for the first time in his career.

His increased playing time has not only hurt the team, but it's also hurt him.

Last edited:
It ended up working out because of the injuries.

Goins himself is actually worse than he's even been. The majority of his season numbers are currently below all his own career norms, which obviously aren't lofty. His dWar is actually negative right now for the first time in his career.

Yeah, the fact that we're praising someone who's been worth 0 WAR this season is a problem. As well as the fact that Pillar and Martin have only barely caught Donaldson for WAR. And that the 2 biggest FA signings of the off-season in JB and Morales have been worth a combined -0.8 WAR.

Yeah, im okay not paying EE with a possible rebuild being needed, but i would have been much cooler with nothing at DH as opposed to Morales.

The position always needed to be filled with someone who could field a position, so that Jose, Martin and Tulo could get DH days, and preferably someone short term.

Morales is neither of that.

Jays are close to signing two of the top international free agents. Including a 16 yo who is said to be one of the best in the group.

d6ffcade53ed818a8b33372545a1899d.jpg

Lots of roster moves:
Latos DFA
Ramirez activated
Cesar Valdez claimed (going to AAA)
Biagini to start Sunday
Monday starter TBD.

With the injuries, i'm good with biagini trying to start.

glad they ditched latos - would have been annoying for them to keep trying to draw blood from that stone. Bolsinger has always been the better bet (though Bolsinger might stink too).

Hope they figure it out.

We need some serious infusion of top young talent in the organization.

i guess...but those guys would be like 6 years away or something...there's actually a fair amount of young talent already coming, just have to wait a couple years...Aldford, Tellez and Vladdy should all be decent contributors and hopefully we get something decent when we inevitably have to trade Donaldson, Estrada and Happ.

Last edited:
Sucks that the window closed on this core.

It was so ****ing promising the last couple of years.

And now seemingly abruptly over.

Sucks that the window closed on this core.

It was so ****ing promising the last couple of years.

And now seemingly abruptly over.
It wasn't abruptly. Their previous GM went for it knowing he was gone at the end of the year, without actually going all out (thanks to Rogers), and their current GM simply decided that improvements weren't warranted and he should just wait the roster out. A playoffs birth, but not a WS, was all but guranteed when Alex knew he was gone; a crash, whether rock bottom or simply a 500 team, was guranteed once Cleveland North was hired.

The common theme? the ownership who looks at this team as just another department.

Biagini pitching well. Travis booting what should have been an out leads to a run and more pitches to Biagini's limited pitch count.

It wasn't abruptly. Their previous GM went for it knowing he was gone at the end of the year, without actually going all out (thanks to Rogers), and their current GM simply decided that improvements weren't warranted and he should just wait the roster out. A playoffs birth, but not a WS, was all but guranteed when Alex knew he was gone; a crash, whether rock bottom or simply a 500 team, was guranteed once Cleveland North was hired.

The common theme? the ownership who looks at this team as just another department.

This collapse was totally expected . Team blew its brains out mortgaging the future and had a nice 2 year run . Pitching was lights out with no major injuries and the bats were producing .

There was no way that pitching staff was going to avoid injury or production setbacks this year , and age , decline was evident with the bats at some point .

Morales at 1/2 EE`s salary was a good value pick up and this team peaked and the rebuild is now upon us .

I expect to be sellers in a month .

Back