• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I still remember Halladay in his 2nd game (I think) pitching against the tigers almost getting a no-hitter like it was yesterday.

This was the exact memory that came to mind when I heard the news as well.

Was a game I just happened to catch on tv....and if memory serves it was in a completely meaningless game really late in the year...but for all Doc accomplished, that was always one of my favorite memories of him.

8 2/3 of no hit ball.

Yeah pretty sure it was end of the year, Jays long out of the playoffs, but that game was amazing to watch still. ****ing higginson lol

[video=youtube;28SpGXN11Ig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SpGXN11Ig[/video]

This was another favourite Halladay moment for me

This was the exact memory that came to mind when I heard the news as well.

Was a game I just happened to catch on tv....and if memory serves it was in a completely meaningless game really late in the year...but for all Doc accomplished, that was always one of my favorite memories of him.

8 2/3 of no hit ball.

It was the very last game of the regular season.

Jerry Crasnick ✔@jcrasnick
MLB teams that have inquired on FA outfielder Jay Bruce say he’s seeking a deal for 5 years in the $80-90 million range.
8:21 PM - Nov 8, 2017

lol... i'll puke if we give him that.

Well we did inexplicably give Morales 3x11 last offseason. In all seriousness i hope Shatkins aren't stupid enough to give him 4 years to "secure" the deal.

Shatkins need a good offseason. Some smart signings could go a long way in helping this team immediately and in the future. If the season were to go sideways we'd have Happ, Donaldson, Estrada, Pearce + our 2017 summer FA signings to possibly trade off and really get that rebuild for 2019(Bichette+Guerrero era) going. With a bit of luck we could be back in WC contention next season.

Here's something to make you feel warm & fuzzy about Shatkins.

According to Bob Elliott, Roy Halladay approached the Jays this off-season about working with the Jays' young pitchers. He was made to send in an application to the Jays "high-performance group".

The high performance group then kicked his application upstairs to management, where it was summarily rejected, so Halladay opted to work with Philly's young pitchers instead.

If only Roy had ever played with or worked for Cleveland at some point.

Then he could've gotten a job here.

But at least we can find comfort in the processes they put in place. It certainly eliminates the risk.

Thats why the showings on the field have been so poor. They've been focused on refining the Jays procedures so that one of the most highly regarded influential pitchers of the last 20 years has to jump through hoops to try and help out our players.

Also doesn't give much faith in the people running the high performance group.

Here's something to make you feel warm & fuzzy about Shatkins.

According to Bob Elliott, Roy Halladay approached the Jays this off-season about working with the Jays' young pitchers. He was made to send in an application to the Jays "high-performance group".

The high performance group then kicked his application upstairs to management, where it was summarily rejected, so Halladay opted to work with Philly's young pitchers instead.

Do you have the link for this? It must be shared.

Here's the link to Elliott's piece.

The excerpt in question:

Ty90nSf.jpg

This should remove any sympathy that Shatkins has as this teams top administrators.

This should be PR nightmare for them.

If true, Shatkins has decided the following:

1) Not to extend Donaldson after his MVP season.
2) Not to re-sign Encarnacion (I don't give two shits that they had a contract available for him for 2 days).
3) Not to add to the 2016 team.
4) Not to resign Price after the 2015 season (who went 17-9 and led the AL innings pitched in 2016).
5) Not to use Halladay in some capacity.

They are actively removing any pre-Shatkins history of this team.

The communications side of this team is a complete nightmare right now. Heads may have to roll because of the latest news (none will obviously).

Last edited:
LOL at Bob Elliott being a source of legit information all of a sudden. smh

Oh and look! Doug Smith retweeted it! It must be real.

2 of the worst right there.

-----------------------------------

Videos are out of Halladay performing stunts in the plane the same day as the crash. He f*cked up. Unfortunate way to go.

There's nothing that even remotely unbelievable about what Elliott is saying.

What's unbelievable is that you're still defending Shatkins on reflex a couple of years after you and I first argued about what the all too obvious outcome of Shapiro's takeover was.

Back