• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Yeah i heard he had a bum calf.

Breakouts at his age are often the cause for skepticism, which is fair, but it looks like he legit changed his approach at the plate stopped chasing. The raw farm boy power was always there.

I'd be willing to bet even if he isn't as good as last season that he will be worth way more than the 6M they are paying him regardless and be a nice cog in the middle of the order.

Ohtani and Acuna

which i mean, Acuna is neck and neck, and i guess if you have to put Shohei on the list, whatever.

What curdles my cheese is that Acuna is ahead of Ohtani

I didn't understand how he fell to us on draft day and i still don't.

How does a behemoth with a triple digit fastball, great command, and a couple breakers with potential not go top-10 at least?

so weird.

I didn't understand how he fell to us on draft day and i still don't.

How does a behemoth with a triple digit fastball, great command, and a couple breakers with potential not go top-10 at least?

so weird.

Checking back on a couple reports:
-people weren't fond of his changeup. Without it, then he's just a bullpen piece.
-There was a big risk he might go to college, so once he dropped out of the top-10 or so, then it comes down to whether anyone's willing to pay him at that rate

Also looks like he a late riser, so could be a lot of the teams ahead had already made up their minds to avoid him and go with someone else.

well, you don't need a changeup to be a starter. You just need a breaking ball or 2. And he had a coupe which showed promise, which is more than most prospects can say. And that was his biggest weakness.

Back