• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Travis's injuries are too bad ... if he had a healthy year and kept up his production he'd be a nice piece to centre a deal for an arm around.

Maybe he still can be that piece. ..

I'd keep them both, especially with Tulo not being captain health.

That said if you could get a Carrasco type in a deal with either Goins/Travis as a centerpiece you have to look at it.

Travis/Tulo/Goins is a pretty solid middle infield group. I'd rather not run Goins out there every day, and seems like both Travis and Tulo are liable to get hurt multiple times. Keep the flexibility, and use Goins in a role to rest Tulo as much as you can. Even if you throw Tulo at DH for 10-20 games over the course of the season, that could be a good way to keep him more rested.

Travis/Tulo/Goins is a pretty solid middle infield group. I'd rather not run Goins out there every day, and seems like both Travis and Tulo are liable to get hurt multiple times. Keep the flexibility, and use Goins in a role to rest Tulo as much as you can. Even if you throw Tulo at DH for 10-20 games over the course of the season, that could be a good way to keep him more rested.

Yeah this....and frankly with Travis out we probably need a Barney like MI to add to the roster for a month as it is.

I'd like to keep Devon Travis. I really liked him in the limited time he was in the lineup. Ryan Goins is not a starting caliber 2nd baseman, at least not a quality one.

I'm hoping we can squeeze Revere + a couple good prospects for good starter in the #2-3ish range. Maybe thats the package we use to get a guy like Chapman instead. With only 1 year left it'll be interesting to see what he returns to the Reds. Chapman is set to make 12.9 million next season. Maybe the Reds can be sold on the fact this deal saves them money while giving them a solid MLB outfielder as well as a prospect. Maybe we'd be able to sign Chapman to an extension prior to arbitration to the tune of 10 million for x years.

We have to get creative in how we use our money. Chapman gives us an elite back end option as well as the ability to move Osuna to a long relief role to stretch his innings a bit.

Then maybe you package Sanchez + Pompey for that starter. Sell high on perceived value.

The thought of paying a 37-38 year old David Price $30 million a year is definitely a little concerning.

you eat the last 3yrs of the deal while we rebuild after all the tulo/martin/donaldson/bautsta/ee core is all gone. so we carry one big contract during the rebuild. big whup.

you eat the last 3yrs of the deal while we rebuild after all the tulo/martin/donaldson/bautsta/ee core is all gone. so we carry one big contract during the rebuild. big whup.

And the one big contract is David price ....

I don't know why he's pre ordained to not still be good 6 or 7 years from now. Ya some guys lost it in their late 30s... others didn't. And in price we aren't taking about a merely good pitcher like a cliff Lee ... we're talking about a guy who has spent the 5 or 6 years as arguably the best pitcher in the al.

I mean if there's a guy to blow your budget on that's the guy

Assuming the rumours of him wanting to come back are true it'd be a real shame to let that slip thru our fingers given how good thus offense is.

Another key thing to note is he won't cost a comp pick...

I think the Jays should bring Barney back as insurance for MI anyways.

If he wants to, but if he has a choice, I imagine he would rather go somewhere where he's not just the 4th best middle infielder. And if we have Kawasaki, he's not a terrible option for a bench bat for short periods of time.

If he wants to, but if he has a choice, I imagine he would rather go somewhere where he's not just the 4th best middle infielder. And if we have Kawasaki, he's not a terrible option for a bench bat for short periods of time.

Oh for sure if he can find a better spot. But he would be a great insurance guy.

If they're putting Colabello out there, they'd better be getting a legit first baseman through trade or free agency.

No thanks to Smoak as our every-day first baseman.

Yeah. Smoak is a starter on a shit team. Upgrade needed. And not hard to do.

Back