• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Gallardo interests me too, depending on the price tag of course.

Price deal, i wouldn't do unless he signs an extension.

Heyman just tweeted that we're closing in on getting Price.

Blair is going on about the Wilmer Flore situation on Baseball Central instead of covering this...

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #SFGiants pessimistic on Price. All signs point to #BlueJays. Deal between DET and TOR is close, per @JonHeymanCBS.

Ken Rosenthal ‏
Expectation among rival executives is that Norris and Alford will be in package for Price going from #BlueJays to #Tigers. Those names are not confirmed. Deal is not yet complete. But again, all signs point toward #BlueJays.

Jon Morosi ‏
#BlueJays are close to trading for David Price, source confirms. #Tigers

I love Price like crazy, but I just don't know that I can bear to give up that package.

I mean, we're not even in the wildcard spot. If we were in first with a nice lead, then I suppose I could understand just cementing the WS title.

But the way things stand, to trade that package for Price, to not win the WS and maybe not even make the playoffs, and then not even be able to resign Price, would maybe be the biggest ****ing disaster in Blue Jays history.

Go for the lesser names, AA, unless you can steal the stars on the cheap.

I refuse to believe that AA would gut the system for a rental that he has no chance of resigning. For Alford and Norris, there has to be a team willing to give up a starting pitching (maybe a tier below Price) who can help next year too.

why is this?

I love Price like crazy, but I just don't know that I can bear to give up that package.

I mean, we're not even in the wildcard spot. If we were in first with a nice lead, then I suppose I could understand just cementing the WS title.

But the way things stand, to trade that package for Price, to not win the WS and maybe not even make the playoffs, and then not even be able to resign Price, would maybe be the biggest ****ing disaster in Blue Jays history.

Go for the lesser names, AA, unless you can steal the stars on the cheap.

I agree with it would be a lot to pay for price if we don't resign him... alot to pay even if we do resign him.

For 12 starts?

While we're sitting at .500 deep into the season?

It's a bit nuts, and there are many other pitchers we could get where we don't totally gut the system.

This would be a bold move, but not a well-calculated one. The risk is through the roof and the reward is remote at best.

Back