• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Don't look now, but Cecil has 13 straight appearances without allowing a run, and 18/19.

7.0 IP
1 H, 6 walks, 1 HBP
11 K
.222/.276/.222

Since Aug 24.

Last edited:
Don't look now, but Cecil has 13 straight appearances without allowing a run, and 18/19.

7.0 IP
1 H, 6 walks, 1 HBP
11 K
.222/.276/.222

Since Aug 24.

even more encouraging is that he's starting to do it over full innings now instead of just vs lefties.

This might be needlessly optimistic, but I actually feel better about our roster in some ways than last year going into the playoffs. With a resurgent, healthy Cecil the BP looks better. Martin and Tulo are healthy and hitting. Stroman is our 3/4 instead of #2. We don't need to roster Dickey and Thole. If we manage to get to the ALCS, I think we're very scary.

This might be needlessly optimistic, but I actually feel better about our roster in some ways than last year going into the playoffs. With a resurgent, healthy Cecil the BP looks better. Martin and Tulo are healthy and hitting. Stroman is our 3/4 instead of #2. We don't need to roster Dickey and Thole. If we manage to get to the ALCS, I think we're very scary.

If you remove the wild card game part, i agree.

I hated the way we finished last season. Yes, the Jays have been struggling, but last night might be the start of the offence waking-up. And I do like the pitching better than last yrear.

Back