• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

no exposure.

where did he pitch last year? campbell said he went 20-2--was it in japan? they have nothing about him on baseball cube...

Just before the inning ended they mentioned he just arrived from Korea 5 days ago, so I'm guessing he plays there.

bottom line is we need to beat Italy and Venezuela to get through

but it would have been nice to have Harden, Francis, Bedard and Dempster here. The first 3 had injury concerns which is fine but Dempster passed cause he signed a big deal in the winter. But he skipped the first WBC cause he was playing for a new deal.

that was pretty sick by Beaumont to get out of that based loaded no outs jam. love that crowd at Skydome. I shoulda been there today, damn.

The Jays have the bats to make this comeback here - the backend of the States' bullpen isn't too awe inspiring.

Aumont was the 7th or 8th pick last year so he's someone you'll hear more of in a couple years. USA stranding a lot of runners this game, last change for Canada in the 9th.

ah, can't ask for more than that - tying run in scoring position with Morneau and Bay at the plate.

dang.

Italy should be no problem and the Canadians should have the ability to beat Venezuela, which also has few MLB players. What a fantastic crowd today though. There must have been 45,000 in attendance and they were particularly vocal and boisterous throughout. You can't ask for much more than losing a close one-run game to the Americans, especially when they have some of their best players participating in the tournament.

Back