• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Career:

Pillar 85wrc+, 3.3war650 (RHP 79wrc+ / LHP 106wrc+)
Grichuk 106wrc+, 3.3war650 (RHP 107wrc+ / LHP 102wrc+)
Grandy 117wrc+, 4.0war650 (RHP 128wrc+ / LHP 87wrc+)
Pearce 109wrc+, 2.3war650 (RHP 100wrc+ / LHP 126wrc+)

2016-2018

Pillar 84wrc+, 2.9war650 (RHP 74wrc+ / LHP 117wrc+)
Grichuk 96wrc+, 2.3war650 (RHP 96wrc+ / LHP 95wrc+)
Grandy 112wrc+, 2.8war650 (RHP 119wrc+ / LHP 90wrc+)
Pearce 116wrc+, 2.1war650 (RHP 109wrc+ / LHP 133wrc+)

There is no real reason to believe he's worse than what he was as a Cardinal, but it's certainly up in the air if there is anything more to him that warrants everyday playing time.

This front office seems to really value hard contact rate and barrelled bats as seen with their infatuation with Morales, Teoscar and Grichuk, regardless of the negatives that comes with it, being ground balls into shifts, heavy k's and or no walks.

That said, Smoak was the same sort, and he figured something out

Nah. It comes down to dollars and cents with these guys. Morales is cheaper than Edwin and Teo/Grichuk are dirt cheap.

Jays beating up the Rangers tonight. Solarte and Martin just went back to back. 8-0 Jays in the 6th.

Rangers are trying to catch up. 8-1 now.

Texas tried to give Estrada a scare, but he struggled his way out of the inning. Hopefully the pen can hold on for the win because it would be a shame to waste the good start.

So nice to see Odor doubled off to snuff out their attempted ninth inning rally. Is there a more hate worthy team than the Rangers?

So nice to see Odor doubled off to snuff out their attempted ninth inning rally. Is there a more hate worthy team than the Rangers?

Baltimore, Bpston, Yankees, Royals

I cannot bring myself to hate Adrian Beltre.

Anyone who does hate Adrian Beltre i would argue neither likes fun or baseball

That said, Odor is a ****face, their manager is a douchebag, but really i dont see anyone else i hate.

Andrus secretly is a Blue Jay
Hamels is so handsome, and Grichuk's more talented twin brother
Choo, is like the guy i wish we had instead of Morales.
Mazara and Gallo are both fun young players who smash baseballs.

Baltimore is chalk filled with unlikeable garbage, Yanks and Sox are Yanks and Sox, and forever **** KC and their untalented group of *******s

It's more their fans...acting like Joey murdered their moms, all the while having a ****face like Odour on their team, a guy who has pimped his runs when they weren't anywhere close to as important as Bautista's.

Josh Donaldson is arguably the best player to ever wear a Jays uniform, but for some reason he's still under-appreciated and overlooked by so many Jays fans.

The fact that people seem OK with him leaving is another example of how the 99% will bend over and accept anyhing from the 1%.

The old "it is what it is" mentality is infuriating sometimes.

Josh Donaldson is arguably the best player to ever wear a Jays uniform, but for some reason he's still under-appreciated and overlooked by so many Jays fans.

The fact that people seem OK with him leaving is another example of how the 99% will bend over and accept anyhing from the 1%.

Who is 'ok' with his leaving?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Who is ok with Donaldson leaving? I have not heard that from a single person, only you.

I think the most $ for Donaldson is with the Jays. I would not want to compete with that free agent class coming up if I was in my 30's looking for a long term deal.

Donaldson will be ~33 when he signs his deal. I think he gets a 5 yr deal with similar AAV that Blackmon signed - around 18-20M. MLB does not seem to like giving players that age long term deals anymore. If you can get him at that, you sign him for sure. Hell, 120/4 would be great too. Really depends who's left out in the cold after the big boys sign.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0774048860405241143-4

Red Sox top prospect Michael Chavis has been suspended for 80 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance. The 22-year-old infielder and 2014 first-round pick didn't play in Double-A Portland's season opener Thursday. Chavis hit 31 homers last season between Single-A Salem (17 homers in 59 games) and Portland (14 homers in 67 games). In a statement, the Red Sox said they are "disappointed" by Chavis' violation.

e31.jpg

kendrys is all good vLHP.

but I was annoyed to see him come out to the on deck circle for pearce against a righty last night. I mean, pearce isn't just a better hitter vRHP than Kendrys - he's MUCH better.

Donaldson will be ~33 when he signs his deal. I think he gets a 5 yr deal with similar AAV that Blackmon signed - around 18-20M. MLB does not seem to like giving players that age long term deals anymore. If you can get him at that, you sign him for sure. Hell, 120/4 would be great too. Really depends who's left out in the cold after the big boys sign.
Yeah, the Blackmon deal definitely ups our chances with JD. I don't mind giving him extra years if the AAV comes down. Like, before I was thinking 5/150 was what he would need, now there's a chance maybe he could take 6/120 even? I'm fine keeping him here until he retires if the price is cheap enough.

Back