• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

At what point do we look at Buehrle and think: "you know what, maybe we have already got an ace"?

He doesn't throw hard sure but watching him pitch certainly gives you that feeling that his stat line is never in doubt.

Last edited:
At what point do we look at Buehrle and think: "you know what, maybe we have already got an ace"?

He doesn't throw hard sure but watching him pitch certainly gives you that feeling that his stat line is never in doubt.

It doesn't matter what label we put on Beuhrle....1 or 2.....we still need at least one more 1 or 2 to help the club.

It doesn't matter what label we put on Beuhrle....1 or 2.....we still need at least one more 1 or 2 to help the club.
Sure but a 2 would be a lot cheaper than a 1. Assuming we get a #2, would you be comfortable having MB start the postseason run? Sure looks like I would.

I dont really look at it that way.

We need to replace the low men in the rotation which is Dickey, Hutchison and the Doubrant roles. To be honest we probably need to replace 2 of them, but that might be too much of a tall order. Whether Buehrle anchors our playoff starters or is a 2 or 3 in the rotation doesn't matter to me, but we need at least 1 arm as good or better than he is going forward.

If you ever needed a reason to avoid Jays rumors, half these guys say AA likes a guy, the other half say no, he likes this guy. Half say he's focused on SP, half say RP......it's meaningless. AA calls on anyone with a pulse.

Pretty sure AA has called and asked about every starter or reliever on every team below the Jays in the standings, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's called a few teams ahead of us as well.

Toronto Blue Jays ‏@BlueJays

The @BlueJays have claimed INF/OF Ty Kelly off waivers from the St. Louis Cardinals. He will report to @BuffaloBisons.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/7/...rs-kimbrel-ross-cashner-shields-norris-benoit

A.J. Preller has a lot of pieces to deal, and he's expected by at least one rival executive to tear the team down as quickly as he built it. From a pitching standpoint, Toronto's greatest need, the Padres have reportedly made Tyson Ross, Andrew Cashner, James Shields, Ian Kennedy, Joaquin Benoit, and Craig Kimbrel available in trade talks.

According to that earlier report from Rosenthal, the Padres were specifically scouting Daniel Norris, as well as a quickly rising prospect named Jeff Hoffman. Knowing those players, as well as the fact that the Blue Jays would like to acquire both a starter and a reliever at the same time, a package of either Tyson Ross or Andrew Cashner, and Craig Kimbrel would make a lot of sense.

benwag247

I count 17 scouts behind the plate, more than I've ever seen at one Triple-A game. #Nats #BlueJays

Norris was pitching tonight -- 5.1ip/8h/2er/2bb/3k (W)

Back