• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Re: Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

They should do both. I'd be all over that Tampa situation. One of those goalies will have to move, and hopefully Bishop as he is one of the best. Then you draft goalies to hopefully end up in a Tampa situation.
Yeah both is the way to go. You aren't going to want to wait for the 3-4 years minimum you'll need to develop a goalie prospect. Find a good solid veteran and draft a few in the next couple of years.

Bishop would be a game changer I think.
Yep. If you even put him behind this past year's Leaf team from game #1, they don't finish anywhere near 30th place.

He's been legitimately elite for his entire time in Tampa.

If expansion is for real, any team with a 1A 1B should be targetted, as they'll have a big risk of losing one to expansion.

You'd think that there would be more than 30 elite NHL goalies available at any one time.

Instead there's a fraction of that.

If we had the third pick instead of the 4th and picked Strome, we'd be in full panic mode right now.

Instead we are arguing over 3ppg or 2.5ppg for Marner. Good times.

We would have picked marner still or pulled the trigger with Carolina

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Strome is a more impact player than Marner due to size a being a true center.

Future teammates

UPC1_THN_6909-400.jpg

Last edited:

He was never nominated. Each OHL team nominates 1 player I believe. The Knights, trying to decide between Marner and Dvorak flipped a coin. Marner won. (for serious)
Leafs' recent luck extends beyond the big club it seems

The Marlies begin their second round series against Albany at 7:30 tonight.

Garret Sparks has been confirmed as the starter, and it looks like William Nylander's fighting off some kind of illness, and won't play. Soshnikov is also out with an injury. So, with the absence of those two from the lineup, Andreas Johnson might end up making his Marlie debut tonight.

Here's an article by Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun to preview the series.

Sosh seems to get injured a lot. I hate that.
He did miss a whole bunch of time down the stretch, so hopefully all of his various absences are related to one injury that he's fighting his way through, rather than being generally injury-prone.

On the topic of injuries, Sheldon Keefe's announced that Marlies captain Andrew Campbell is going to be out for this entire series. So, I guess that'll likely mean that both Viktor Loov & Rinat Valiev will stay in the lineup full-time, rather than being rotated in-and-out of it for each other.

Can't wait ... it's good that we got AHL (and OHL) playoff to keep us entertained before the draft :)

Nylander and Sosh are game time decision tonight - "Bumps and bruises" from round 1 (which was over a week ago?!)

It's kinda crazy to lose a player as good as Nylander and simply plug in Johnson.

Back