• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Re: Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

It's going to be fun when he eventually gets paired up with Morgan Rielly and/or Jake Gardiner.

Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

Love our mobile, puck moving D while other teams get get more sluggish or stay at home guys.

Dhiren Mahiban‏ @dcmahiban 5m5 minutes ago
#Leafs prospect Timothy Liljegren on where he’ll spend the 2017-18 season: "I think #Marlies & Sweden is possible."

Dhiren Mahiban‏ @dcmahiban 11m11 minutes ago
Liljegren also confirmed he’ll be in Toronto for #Leafs training camp and rookie tournament. #WJSS

Last edited:

I won't completely rule out Liljegren in the NHL next season either, though at this point it's a bit of a stretch

Canada & Sweden are tied 3-3 in the second period.

Liljegren with a goal and two assists so far.

The Leafs.
That I don't know.

And it's not necessarily because he's not good enough, but the fact we already have Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Hanisey locked up 4 of 7 spots, and you gotta think Carrick has the inside track on the 5th spot too. That leaves the 2 Swedes, Dermott and Liljegren, fighting for the last 2 spots, not to mention other potential candidates like Marchenko, Marincin, Nielsen, and maybe even Polak.

Given Babs never liked to rush D-men, I'd say even if Liljegren is as good as the other 2 Swedes and Dermott, he goes down to AHL. He's gotta show he's CLEARLY BETTER than 2 of those 3 to make the team, which I don't think will happen.

Back