• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Re: Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

i guess we called up smith?

marlies lines:

watling 21 - mckegg 22 - abbott 26
brown 20 - carrick 22 - leivo 21
broll 21 - vail 20 - bodie 29
devane 23 - findlay 22 - mclaren 27

loov 22 - holzer 26
marshall 25 - granberg 22
macwilliam 24 - nilsson 21

like the young look of those lines.

its always kinda bothered me that we've had a smith or aucoin or zigomanis always taking up the top spot on the marlies, even when we had kids like kadri, colborne, holland...and even now with mckegg.

its almost like telling the kids we don't ever expect them to be a top line threat.

its always kinda bothered me that we've had a smith or aucoin or zigomanis always taking up the top spot on the marlies, even when we had kids like kadri, colborne, holland...and even now with mckegg.

its almost like telling the kids we don't ever expect them to be a top line threat.

Amen.

It always felt like the goal with the Marlies was for them to win games, and developing NHL talent was secondary. I agree that putting veterans around them to help them be as competitive as possible is a good thing, but if you have kids capable to playing in a certain role, then give it to them and move the AHL veteran elsewhere.

bibeau with a shutout today.

.959sv% in his first three pro games.

According to Mikael Lalancette, Frederik Gauthier will make his return to the Oceanic lineup on Friday.

Nylander with his 3rd point in 3 games.

(reminder: only two 18yr olds have ever been ppg players in the SEL).

...and then there's also 19 year-old Andreas Johnson, with 5 goals and 8 points in 12 SHL games.

Thommie Bergman is still earning his keep.

Yeah, Naslund had 39 pts in 39 games as an 18 year old...guessing the other is Forsberg...

Cool ... sanstrom never became an NHL star though ... so PPG at SEL doesn't necessarily mean a lot

Sandstrom was a very good NHLer though. Just under 400 career goals and 1000 points. He is the third highest scoring Fin of all time behind Selanne and Kurri. His career adjusted points averages out to 65 a season.

I'd take it.

Last edited:

Sure, not everyone who's done better at 18 will necessarily go on to have better NHL careers but I'll take "better numbers than Sedins, Sundin, Forsberg, Backstrom at 18" any day of the week from our prospects.

Just like not every CHLer with unreal production is successful either. Still something to be really encouraged by.

Fair enough ... well let's see if Nylander can indeed finish the season at PPG.

Didn't I hear rumours that there's an out in Nylander's Modo contract, where he can potentially leave Modo for the NHL after the WJHC? And also if the Leafs make the playoff?

Fair enough ... well let's see if Nylander can indeed finish the season at PPG.

Didn't I hear rumours that there's an out in Nylander's Modo contract, where he can potentially leave Modo for the NHL after the WJHC? And also if the Leafs make the playoff?

I'm not sure that ever ended up happening but twitter was speculating on that.

I don't know how "loans" work in the NHL, but if you look at Nylander's profile on Eliteprospects it has "Loan" in green next to his current SEL season...so I'd guess he can come over whenever Modo are no longer playing hockey.

Back