• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Re: Leafs' Prospect Discussion Thread!

Grundstrom could have helped the Leafs against the Bruins yes. We needed some beef, talented beef yes.

grundstrom looks as good as Johnsson side by side right now imo... but he's 3yrs younger and size isn't any kind of issue for him.

Different styles. Johnson’s driving the offense. He’s the catalyst on that line and without a q leads them in zone entries. But he’ll never be able to play that game in he nhl. Grundstrom is just strong and tough, wins pucks in traffic and is hard for dmen to handle both on and off the puck. His game will 100 pct translate.

Also - what has everybody thought of Rosen? He’s been arguably the marlies best dmen so far (inarguably tip 2 with dermott).

Steady dzone play, great quick puck movement up ice, jumping into the rush. He’s put himself into the picture for next year.

Agree, listened to him in that silly question and answer stuff they do with the Marlies as to likes and dislikes etc... He seemed uber confident, almost cocky. But he has played very very well.

I haven't been able to see any of the Marlies games here, but Rosen was pretty good to start out with the Leafs, but then fell off a bit of a cliff.

I'm not surprised if he's much better and simply had fish out of water syndrome to start out in the NHL.

Marlies dominate with a 5-0 win tonight and take a 3-0 series lead

Johnsson and Grundstrom both with 2 pts each and Sparks with the 16 saves SO

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Looks like there's a pretty good chance Dubas could be finishing off his AHL career with a championship.

They just swept the 2nd best team in the AHL.

And the scary thing for the rest of the AHL is that Kasperi Kapanen is actually still eligible to play for this team in the playoffs.

Some news for Toronto's 2017 2nd round pick, Eemeli Rasanen.

He's decided that he's finished with the OHL, and has signed a two year deal to play with Jokerit of the KHL.

Its probably a good move for his development if he can actually earn ice time. It extends our window to sign him, and he gets to play in a top pro league.

Its probably a good move for his development if he can actually earn ice time. It extends our window to sign him, and he gets to play in a top pro league.

he could also be relegated to a bottom pair, in and out of the line up.

plus it will be harder to evaluate his performance in the KHL than the OHL, just because there are likely far fewer reference points to compare his stats too.

I mean ultimately it doesn't make or break his trajectory as a prospect either way, it will still come down to his performance.

If that guy works out, it makes losing Hunter that much more painful. This Dubas kid must be pretty amazing to relegate Hunter to second place. Guess I should be happy about that, but call me old and stained and pained by Leaf memory.

This Travis Dermott kid is incredible, I will always thank Hunter for that pick. Kid really reminds me a lot of Tim Horton.

Now all we need is Keon 2.0. Ohhhhh, we have him, Mitch Marner.

And no, Gord Stellick and I don't talk anymore. I gave him a bad stock pick. I have to give him a call, hope he picks up the phone when I do.

The #Leafs will not sign Nicolas Mattinen. He will re-enter the draft, per the agent.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Good.

I think we're about to see a return to drafting skilled midgets and not stone handed big defenders.

Back