• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Xy20a.png

That's pretty interesting.

As long as they get good writers and do it right, it could be pretty awesome.

It never felt quite right that the TNG crew finished off with such a crappy movie.

As well, the fact that the last TNG movie (Nemesis) was released 16 ****ing years ago makes me feel old as hell.

oh man Tom Hardy.

I prefer the more political and philosophical versions of Star Trek over outright action adventure. So my hopes are high.

Sorry, but looking at all of the developing titles for all Star Trek, I can't help but think that there is going to be a severe Trek burnout. Star Wars fans are already feeling it...

Sorry, but looking at all of the developing titles for all Star Trek, I can't help but think that there is going to be a severe Trek burnout. Star Wars fans are already feeling it...
Besides Star Trek Discovery and this just-announced Patrick Stewart series, what else is there in the pipeline for Star Trek?

I mean, besides the JJ Abrams-directed "rebooted" original series movies, which don't really count.

Besides Star Trek Discovery and this just-announced Patrick Stewart series, what else is there in the pipeline for Star Trek?

I mean, besides the JJ Abrams-directed "rebooted" original series movies, which don't really count.

From the article posted by Aberdeen:

In June, CBS signed a five-year deal with Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman to oversee all of the network’s efforts with the franchise. The deal included several shows in development, including a Starfleet Academy series, a series based on Wrath of Khan, a limited series, and an animated series. At the time, there were rumors that the franchise would return to the Next Generation era, with Stewart rumored to return.

From the article posted by Aberdeen:
Yeah, that sounds like a bit much.

Though I guess all of the series in "development" might not necessarily make it to the screen. They could just be in the process of elimination right now.

Yeah, that sounds like a bit much.

Though I guess all of the series in "development" might not necessarily make it to the screen. They could just be in the process of elimination right now.

Yeah, I do think if they try to release all of them, then they could suffer.

But the advantage is that these aren't big movies, so in some ways you can survive with multiple offerings. Although I think if they do want to have this many series, keeping each series to the 10-13 episodes a season will at least prevent some burnout. I mean, if Marvel can survive having 5-6 superhero shows on netflix at any one time, plus all the movies, having a couple trek shows should be fine.

But yeah, I do think with Jean-Luc, they should have a series where he's mostly stationary somewhere. So have him as an admiral at Federation HQ, or as an instructor at the academy (ie. Professor X), could work. You have to think that this being "the next phase" of his life/career, they're not going to have him in the heat of the action on a weekly basis.

I'm taking the kids tomorrow. I don't know if I would say I am looking forward to it but I'm optimistic based on what I've heard and read.

Castle Rock on the Space Network has stunned me with how good it is.

Set in the Shawshank universe, it has a fairly good cast and for a summer show is quite quite good thus far.

It's the Castle Rock universe, of which shawshank is a part.

but I'm iffy on it so far. still watching, though.

Back