• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Exactly. If you're looking for some serious heartfelt acting then Reynolds probably isn't your guy. If you're looking for a cocky, sarcastic guy with good comedic timing, then he's definitely your guy.

I am not talking about commercial success... I'm just talking about casting for the role itself. There are a shitload of other factors that go into that.

I think that as much as Reynold may not be a massive box office draw per se... he's also not really a guy that keeps people away either.

He would keep me away.

full-house-how-rude.jpg

You should watch this obvious labour of love. Guy spent two years in post production inserting the CGI, did it for free.

[video=youtube;f5tCbd4fgkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5tCbd4fgkw#t=464[/video]

Full screen Hd is best.

Last edited:
I'm usually an Abel Ferrara fan, but "Welcome to New York" was a bore. And seeing Gerard Depardieu buck-naked for just horrifying.

Salinger-e1379718043655-480x300.jpg

[video=youtube;23Imj-riRyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Imj-riRyg[/video]

Great doc, and well worth seeing for any Salinger fans, who haven't seen it yet....

Have been re-reading 'Catcher' this weekend, and it continues to get better with every read......although I'm jealous of those adolescents who used to be able to stumble across this book, without having had it forced upon them by their teachers. Had to have been a killer* experience to discover it on your own at that age.

Looking forward to making my way through the Glass family stories in the lead up to new Salinger books being released in 2015 and beyond.....strongly suspect that some of the best American literature of our generation, and possibly even some of Salingers best work, is yet to come.

*obvious joke, is obvious

I never read much as a teen... there were somebooks in highschool that I was told to read and HATED them, but some I did enjoy. I was never assigned to read Catcher in the Rye in highschool or university, and so I never searched it out. About 10 years ago though, before going on a trip I went to the airport book store and picked up a copy. I knew of it's impact (was a huge beatle fan and remember DMC talking about Catcher) but that day I decided to read it.

I think that when you come at it on your own, as montana said, you probably come at it when you're ready. And so understanding and connecting is easy because you're at the same frequency. As a teen I was assigned and I enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird. A few years ago I decided to read it again, and I couldn't finish it. Sometimes books find you.

Back