• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Meh, I can watch things and have them not ruin my childhood memories of a show.

I was being hyperbolic......I'm with you, in that I think it's absurd anytime someone makes the claim that a new version of something "ruins" previous versions, when the two really aren't tied together in any meaningful way.

That's like saying a Michael Bay produced version of Romeo & Juliet, would somehow have a meaningful impact on the quality of Shakespears original work.......the former can't alter the quality of the latter.

My post was moreso intended to encourage people to not waste their time with the Bay movies, and instead spend some of that time going back and watching the incredibly well done animated movie.

This needs to be resurrected while Hollywood is busy remaking cartoons...

912G4BKW3uL._AA1500_.jpg

Watched this last night on Netflix....

9737786.jpg

Kurt Russell's dad purchased a independent baseball team (the only one in the country at the time), that was made up of a ragtag much of outcasts reminiscent of the Indians team in 'Major League'.....

Really great doc, highly recommend it.....a must watch for any baseball fans for sure.

I thought Bay's biggest bomb, The Island was his best. I also dig "The Rock". The first Bad Boys isn't too bad either. He's just getting worse.

I was just thinking the same thing... The Rock is good for what it is.... The Island had sooo much potential to be AWESOME... the fact that is was good still leaves it a little short. and Bad Boys was good because I was 21 and still full of testosterone to like it, but now it is horrible.

The other movie that I loved as a teen, (saw it in the theatre and bought the VHS as part of the Columbia house free picks) that looking back now that I thought was Bay, was actually Tony Scott's "The last Boy Scout" with Willis and Wayans, Great as a kid, but bad now.

Ya. Might have to rewatch Bad Boys.... Im sure it is terrible...but Will Smith is awesome at everything.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-spinoff-deadpool-gets-734172

aaaaand I just went full fanboy

Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Comics are moving ahead with their long-gestating X-Men spinoff Deadpool.

On Thursday, the studio announced that the movie will hit theaters Feb. 12, 2016. Tim Miller is set to direct the film, with Ryan Reynolds long rumored to star, although no deal is set. (Bets are that he will.)

The beloved Marvel character Deadpool, aka Wade Wilson, is a talkative mercenary with a host of powers, including the ability to heal rapidly. Reynolds played Wilson in 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, while Scott Adkins played the character of Deadpool after Wilson had transformed.

News of Deadpool's release comes weeks after test footage of the project leaked briefly online. The sequence, featuring Reynolds, was shot several years ago, but nevertheless sparked intense conversation on social media.

pZmlkkm.jpg

That deadpool intro though was all CGI people... it was basically a videogame intro. I don't care if deadpool himself is CGI, but the guys in the car look stupid

Back