• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Season 4 was shite for practical reasons, but I have higher hopes for AD 5.

[video=youtube;gXg2_yExgVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXg2_yExgVY[/video]

I thought season 4 was clever. It wasn't as great as the first 3 seasons but I liked it.

Looking forward to season 5.

Season 4 was shite for practical reasons, but I have higher hopes for AD 5.

[video=youtube;gXg2_yExgVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXg2_yExgVY[/video]

Check out Netflix, they have re-released the 4th season as a remix and put into the tradional 23 episode format.

Arrested Development Season 4: Dangerous Consequences.

I have watched the first five and its much better.

BTW, a rather underrated film is Den of Thieves. I'm a fan of cops and robbers films, and while this one isn't a masterpiece like Heat, it is very good and entertaining. Gerard Butler i s known as being pretty terrible in everything, but he chews the scenery well here and is fun to watch. Very cliched but fun.

So Westworld sucks the big one so far this year. A couple of the episodes are unwatchable.

It really is baffling for the sake of baffling all the while being boring at the same time.

The last episode though with "East World" seemed interesting though, probably not enough to save it.

It really is baffling for the sake of baffling all the while being boring at the same time.

The last episode though with "East World" seemed interesting though, probably not enough to save it.
Yeah, the way they've executed this season has been really weird.

I don't like the way they've compartmentalized the main characters. They'll leave you on a cliffhanger with one of Bernard, the man in black, Dolores & co. or Maeve & co., and then that group of characters won't appear at all in the next week's episode. And while jumping around to different points in time was something they did in season one too, it seems like they've ramped it up to a different level this season.

All the while, we've reached the halfway mark of this season and it doesn't really feel like the story's advanced significantly since last year's season finale.

Yeah, the way they've executed this season has been really weird.

I don't like the way they've compartmentalized the main characters. They'll leave you on a cliffhanger with one of Bernard, the man in black, Dolores & co. or Maeve & co., and then that group of characters won't appear at all in the next week's episode. And while jumping around to different points in time was something they did in season one too, it seems like they've ramped it up to a different level this season.

All the while, we've reached the halfway mark of this season and it doesn't really feel like the story's advanced significantly since last year's season finale.

Yeah, just when you get invested in what's happening with Maeve, Man in Black or Bernard, they go away for a week and interest dwindles.

And it might be because i loathe James Marsden, but the Delores/Teddy arc for me is the worst right now.

As i said, last week, was super cool, hopefully it builds from there.

I don’t mind that they shift focus one week to the next on the different groupings. My issue is that some of those groupings are ****ing awful. No story and totally irrelevant.

I hate the Dolores and Maeve storylines. The Maeve story literally has nothing to do with it’s stated purpose of finding her daughter right now. They just took this random detour to show off the shoguns, who are totally lame and stupid. They’ve made a big mistake by expanding outside of Westworld so quickly. In the first five episodes, we’ve already seen two new worlds. Both of which were totally uninteresting and meaningless to the story.

And Dolores building her army is just as bad. Marsden is the only positive thing about that arc, but not close to enough to save it. At least the Abernathy part of it keeps it somewhat relevant, but there’s only so much awful I can take before I throw my hands up and say who cares what info he’s carrying, it’s not worth this. And Dolores morphing into the Westworld version of the Terminator 2 villain is so bad. So, so bad.

I only like the Bernard and William stories. Episode 4 was the only good one this season.

And not having Anthony Hopkins on the show leaves a much bigger dent when the stories go south like this.

I haven't had a problem with the Maeve storyline in general, but I did feel like the last episode was kind of a waste. Maybe "Shogun World" is going to end up being relevant to the overall story, but they really didn't need to spend an entire episode tied up in the narrative of their Shogun World doppelgangers. They really could have wrapped that up a lot quicker.

The Dolores story has been kind of a mixed bag. It had me intrigued for the first couple of episodes, but it's stagnated the last couple of episodes.

Hopefully they won't keep the current pattern going, and hit the "pause" button on her story next week. They need to start getting on with it.

btw Fear the Walking Dead somewhat rebooted this year and is now probably the best season of any Walking Dead since season 1 of the original.

I watched the first season of "Fear the Walking Dead", and I thought it was pretty good. But I never picked it back up after that.

I dunno...I think I've just got zombie malaise. It's a genre that's kind of been beaten to death in recent years.

I don't know if it's even properly called a Zombie show anymore. Zombies are sort of a sideshow at this point. It's just arguably the most in-depth post-apocalyptic story we've seen so far.

Back