• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Just awful news, Robin Williams was my childhood and as I got older I learned to appreciate him as not just a comedian but as a very talented actor.

Yeah these are the ones that disturb me. Just like when Belak killed himself.

It's hard to make sense of.

You never know what's going on in someone's head.

People project what they want upon other people. If they think what everyone else needs is a laugh, some escapism, to smile, that's often a window into what they crave.

Good Will Hunting was so amazing with him. I think his vulnerability was so evident in that role.

The first movie to ever really move me was The World According To Garp. As a 10-12 year old that movie blew me away.

LOVED Dead Poets Society. Lots of great movies, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam. What Dreams May Come = Underrated.

RIP.

I loved Dead Poets Society. What a terrific, yet quiet performance from him.

He was known as a comedian, but he was a better dramatic actor. Great talent.

How exactly do you kill yourself by asphyxia?

Unless it was accidental like Carradine style I can't even think of a way to do it. Botched hanging maybe, or taping a bag around your own head.

Really, really strange.

Maybe he didn't want to get old.

This is just a strange way to check out. Not the way you want to be remembered, and no matter what anyone says, this will be what people think of when they hear the name Robin Williams in the future. Just seems like the wrong ending to me.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci

heh

tumblr_n9kzubZCTP1rw3bzqo1_1280.jpg

Back