• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

A couple of lines stuck with me last night.

1. Logan telling Dolores "You're broken". Besides killing Arnold, I think there is more murdering in her story. She might be Wyatt.

2. Dolores "don't assume I want out". Her freedom includes the freedom to go wherever she pleases, which could be Westworld. After all, humans spend a ton of dough to go there.

As for MIB, even though he's human, he's acting like a host in that he has a pre-destined path to visit the maze and settle some score. I see it as Ford's ultimate victory -- he can control a human being as deftly as he controls the robots.

Unless MIB is actually a host and now believes the center of the maze will give him sentience.

That would be a pretty cool twist.

Unless MIB is actually a host and now believes the center of the maze will give him sentience.

That would be a pretty cool twist.

I guess...but that would ruin the William theory plus it doesn't square with the fact that he's a longtime board member who saved WW financially.

I guess...but that would ruin the William theory plus it doesn't square with the fact that he's a longtime board member who saved WW financially.

that would add to it IMO

he cant have it shutdown he needs it

Personally, anything that "ruins" the William = MIB theory is fine with me, since it's been pretty clear since the beginning. I'd love it if it turned out we were all wrong.

But even if MIB is a host, William could still be the young version and there was just a bot made later. But it's unlikely all around since Ford told MIB that he lacked the imagination to even try to come up with a character like MIB.

Looks interesting. But Homecoming has to be the #1 gayest title for a superhero film ever. I can't believe they settled on that.

Back to Westworld.

Who thinks the Ford that got shot is actually a robot?

I think it has to be, that he's too much of a control freak and self-involved guy to just allow himself to be sacrificed like that. It seems like he was using this Ford bot the whole time, who, inexplicably if he were human, controls the other bots with his thoughts alone. He let the bot be the sacrificial lamb, while massacring the entire room which happened to include the board that was trying to oust him. He's been a master manipulator from the start, and so this seems like just another one of his machinations.

Back to Westworld.

I think it has to be, that he's too much of a control freak and self-involved guy to just allow himself to be sacrificed like that. It seems like he was using this Ford bot the whole time, who, inexplicably if he were human, controls the other bots with his thoughts alone. He let the bot be the sacrificial lamb, while massacring the entire room which happened to include the board that was trying to oust him. He's been a master manipulator from the start, and so this seems like just another one of his machinations.

i like it

Way better than the dramatic series... this goes all the way back to his youth and his conflict with race identity from way back. It really goes into the jealousy he had as well throughout his life.

That mini series flies by in terms of time. Very well edited and the each episodes story is unique yet well told.

Yeah "Made In America" is definitely more of a documentary about race issues in the US with the OJ story woven in. It done to perfection too.

First "Dunkirk" poster is out, looks cool.

bed7b40c3fa3ff4a9d3314f9816f8cd6.jpg

Westworld spoiler ahead:

That Ford is a host. No way he gets f*cked that easily.

Quite the twist to have the man in black be William. Makes so much sense after thinking about it.

i figure season 2 will have more follow up to Maiv.

9/10. One of the best new shows. I hate having to wait now.

Back to Westworld.

As much as I'd love to see Hopkins back, because he was awesome in the first season, I think that'd kind of ring hollow for me.

After learning about the real story behind Arnold, in retrospect I think the entire season (including most of Maeve & Dolores's storylines) was about Ford enacting a very deliberate strategy to realize Arnold's dream of setting the hosts free, which culminated in him replicating Arnold's final act.

And I think his death was necessary too---partly to give the hosts (and Dolores in particular) revenge for all the horrible shit he's put them through over the years, partly because he has to go in order for the hosts to emerge as "a new people" free to set their own path and make their own choices, and partly because the realization of Arnold's dream also meant sacrificing Ford's dream---the park.

Back