• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Star Trek Beyond was good. Not great, but good. My favorite of the 3 with this crew, but they still can't hold a candle to First Contact, Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country, etc...

Overall though, it was a lot better than that Into Darkness piece of shit movie. That was the worst. Up there with Final Frontier for worst Star Trek ever.

The script does not make any sense. She is correct.
I was shocked at how lazy the film was. At least the first one was an entertaining, big dumb action film. This one is just incredibly tedious to watch.
It also interesting how many different ethnicities they try to cram in it. Hollywood blockbusters are now adding Chinese characters only because of how much $ now comes from China.
They can claim it's about diversity I guess.
I just don't get spending 200 million on films and just handing in garbage scripts with no attempt at any creativity.

I like the soundtrack for sure. Apparently netflix is going to release the soundtrack.

But I'm 3 episodes in and for some reason, it's not blowing me away. And it should, it's the type of series that should be perfect for me.

I think I'd like it better if things were left a bit more ambiguous or something. I don't know.

Going to give it more time, I still like it, just room for improvement.

Last edited:
Back