• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

To be fair, Montreal has won ten of their twenty four Stanley Cups in the post-expansion period (68, 69, 71, 73, 76, 77, 78, 79, 86, and 93).

The number of teams ranged from 12 to 21.
Fair enough - but I also didn't even mention the virtual monopoly they had on an entire province worth of players.

The Canadiens cup total, to me, means shit all.

All hatred by definition is irrational just like love other than for your parents or child is pretty much irrational as there is no reason you love one person but not another etc.

I always figured his aura was fraudulent and was happy to see I was correct.

The way the press licks his ass something fierce, he can be 10 strokes off, gets a birdy and it is, oh here comes Tiger etc is disgusting. I understand they do it as there are people like you who watch golf just to watch him, but he simply is not a nice man, none of the other golfers like him, his caddy hated him etc

I also think he should have done more for the black community but if anything he plays down that part of his genes. He could have done so much for the black community but hasn't, which is a shame.

Fair enough - but I also didn't even mention the virtual monopoly they had on an entire province worth of players.

The Canadiens cup total, to me, means shit all.

If you are discussing the first two draft choice argument from the 1960s, the best players we got from that were Marc Tardif and Rejean Houle. That part was meaningless.

If you are referring to the time before the draft, all NHL teams had territorial rights, granted they were less important for Boston and New York but outside the area, any player was free to sign with whatever team he wanted. The fact we had a better scouting system, farm system and foresight to buy leagues etc just means we were the greatest, we played the game better than anyone else.

The Leafs actually had more titles than the Habs as late as the 1960s I believe. Montreal pulled ahead in the latter part of that decade and onwards.

All hatred by definition is irrational just like love other than for your parents or child is pretty much irrational as there is no reason you love one person but not another etc.

I always figured his aura was fraudulent and was happy to see I was correct.

The way the press licks his ass something fierce, he can be 10 strokes off, gets a birdy and it is, oh here comes Tiger etc is disgusting. I understand they do it as there are people like you who watch golf just to watch him, but he simply is not a nice man, none of the other golfers like him, his caddy hated him etc

I also think he should have done more for the black community but if anything he plays down that part of his genes. He could have done so much for the black community but hasn't, which is a shame.

You do realize he is just as Asian as he is black?

He's better than them all - the field of golfers has never been deeper. Those guys were greats, but there was virtually no parity back then - it was the same handful of European and US golfers.

Tiger up until recently was crushing the field year in and year out.

Yep. Because they screwed up by 'tiger proofing' the course which actually just made it easier for him. :)

Tiger says majors = greatness. So if he beats Jack then yes.

But it is hard comparing generations. Just like in hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.

Here is who Tiger has beat.

old Tom Kite
Sergio
Els/Jimenez
Bob May
Goosen
Duval
Phil
DiMarco
Montgomerie
Shaun Micheel
Woody Austin
Rocco Mediate

He did have two lobsided victories in the majors 12 and 15 strokes.

jack beat
Arnold Palmer
Tony Lema
Dave Ragan
Arnold Palmer, Gary Player
Gay Brewer, Tommy Jacobs
Doug Sanders, Dave Thomas
Arnold Palmer
Doug Sanders
Billy Casper
Bruce Crampton, Bobby Mitchell,Tom Weiskopf
Bruce Crampton
Bruce Crampton
Tom Weiskopf, Johnny Miller
Bruce Crampton
Ben Crenshaw, Raymond Floyd,
Tom Kite, Simon Owen
Isao Aoki
Andy Bean
Tom Kite, Greg Norman

jack has more runner ups

in 10 years from 1970 - 1980
jack was out of the top 10 6 times (and one of those 11)

speaking of TV...tiger just went birdie birdie

Here is who Tiger has beat.

old Tom Kite
Sergio
Els/Jimenez
Bob May
Goosen
Duval
Phil
DiMarco
Montgomerie
Shaun Micheel
Woody Austin
Rocco Mediate

He did have two lobsided victories in the majors 12 and 15 strokes.

jack beat
Arnold Palmer
Tony Lema
Dave Ragan
Arnold Palmer, Gary Player
Gay Brewer, Tommy Jacobs
Doug Sanders, Dave Thomas
Arnold Palmer
Doug Sanders
Billy Casper
Bruce Crampton, Bobby Mitchell,Tom Weiskopf
Bruce Crampton
Bruce Crampton
Tom Weiskopf, Johnny Miller
Bruce Crampton
Ben Crenshaw, Raymond Floyd,
Tom Kite, Simon Owen
Isao Aoki
Andy Bean
Tom Kite, Greg Norman

jack has more runner ups

in 10 years from 1970 - 1980
jack was out of the top 10 6 times (and one of those 11)

speaking of TV...tiger just went birdie birdie

Dang Jack is the man. I knew he was a legend but that is a level of dominance that is epic.

enhanced-buzz-2786-1376042603-8.jpg

Back