• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Did anyone else stick through Westworld?

If so can someone explain to me what the **** happened and why this is a good show still beyond gorgeous scenery?

i only watched the first episode and it did not hook me back in

is the season over?

i should give it a whirl

I love Westworld and it's a well thought out sci-fi which is not for everyone.

It has tons of twists and turns, and sparks off tons of discussions for those who like it, but can be confusing as hell for those who're not into complicated (and convoluted) plots.

I think behind all the twists and turns, what I like the most is it explores the question of what is humanity and what sets us apart from AI and robotics.

Did anyone else stick through Westworld?

If so can someone explain to me what the **** happened and why this is a good show still beyond gorgeous scenery?

I have. It’s so confusing, and nope, didn’t fully understand the finale, not with the way they keep shifting back and forth from present to past in the same scenes. I also absolutely hated several of the episodes this year. For instance, the shogun world one was trash and totally pointless. The Indian one was kinda interesting but again absolutely pointless given the finale. Maeve’s storyline was unbelievably boring and stupid - trying to get to a daughter she knows is fake, and rounding up several bots and humans who want to risk their lives to help her, including the dumbest sacrifice ever in the finale.

And I guess everyone’s contract was up after two years.

After such a stellar first season, what a worthless second season to basically ruin the series.

Second season of Luke Cage on Netflix was better than the first, so if you're a mark for this stuff at all, get on it.

bringing it back on topic.....
Anyone going to catch Mission Impossible: Fallout. My son and I always find ourselves watching the other ones when they are on tv, and they've become great movies to watch with your kid. He's 11 now and I plan to take him to watch this one in the theatres. Tom Cruise and that team is great in these roles.

bringing it back on topic.....
Anyone going to catch Mission Impossible: Fallout. My son and I always find ourselves watching the other ones when they are on tv, and they've become great movies to watch with your kid. He's 11 now and I plan to take him to watch this one in the theatres. Tom Cruise and that team is great in these roles.

Saw it last night. This run (Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation, Fallout) have been great. The way the action is directed is awesome, and Cruise doing some of these insane stunts is fun to watch on a big screen.

Not going to lie, this one felt a little long - as they try to tie everything up at the end.

[video=youtube;Um0aZKbpe1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0aZKbpe1Y[/video]

as much as i want to give Cruise shit for the wacky cluster**** of a person he appears to be, more often than not dude makes fun, entertaining movies.

as much as i want to give Cruise shit for the wacky cluster**** of a person he appears to be, more often than not dude makes fun, entertaining movies.

Yeah, he is a weirdo in his personal life but he has done some very good movies. American Made is a solid film, Edge of Tomorrow is another good one that he has done recently.

When it comes to Cruise, I just can't get past him being the weirdo front-man of an abusive cult.

Looking back at his filmography, it looks like the last Tom Cruise movie I watched was Collateral (his movie with Jamie Foxx) back in 2004.

Since then, with the exception of Tropic Thunder, I haven't seen any movie with him in it.

Back