• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

It was very good. Netflix has a new true crime documentary series called "The Staircase" starting in 2 weeks that looks great.

A remake of the one from like 15 years ago? Or did they just buy that one and are putting it on?

If it's the same one, it's incredible. I think it may have been an HBO original.

The summer movies stink this year. I am getting Star Wars fatigue like I am super hero fatigue.
I think that Die Hard rip-off, "Skyscraper" starring the Rock will be a big hit.

The summer movies stink this year. I am getting Star Wars fatigue like I am super hero fatigue.
I think that Die Hard rip-off, "Skyscraper" starring the Rock will be a big hit.

Really? Has he put out a good movie? Like ever? At least this decade? I love The Rock but damn i think he's one of the most overrated stars. Watched Jumanji the other day on a flight and it was GARBAGE.

As for Star Wars... well i haven't seen this new one but Rogue One was a good flick.

Anyone see Deadpool 2 yet? Its gotten decent reviews. Probably gunna check it out in the next week or so.

How has the addition of Morgan been? I found him nauseating on WD

he's only one of a bunch of good new characters so he hasn't been leaned on that much.

also helps that the most popular character Nick asked the writers to write him out of the show....which may have stopped this from falling victim to the original series problem of being addicted to the same invincible main characters year after year after year.

Yeah I really enjoyed Deadpool 2. It may have been as good as the first one... if not it's damn close.

Last edited:
Yeah I really enjoyed Deadpool 2. I may have been as good as the first one... if not it's damn close.

slightly lesser than number 1, but oh so slight.

I was scared the sequel would jump the shark a bit and maybe kill everything i loved about the first one, but it did not and it was a really fun installment

Yeah, it was great. I'm now more interested in how (and if) Disney is able to tie Deadpool into the broader MCU (assuming that Comcast isn't able to cock block the deal). There's some incredible opportunity to roll Deadpool into the MCU in cameo's and short appearances in other franchises. Deadpool showing up in a Spidey movie and getting bleeped, and breaking the 4th wall with the audience over it could be gold.

Except that the current Spidey being a little baby wouldn’t let it get maximum effect.

They always pick sissy pussies to play the character. Always the pre-bite loser Parker who pretty much stays that way post-bite. Spiderboy.

I dont think i want Deadpool to crossover, unless that movie was also of the R rating.

I want no part of PG-13 toned down Deadpool

As a featured character I agree. Used smartly in smaller roles with some 4th wall breaking and off screen hyper violence that is true to his character though? Sign me up.

Except that the current Spidey being a little baby wouldn’t let it get maximum effect.

They always pick sissy pussies to play the character. Always the pre-bite loser Parker who pretty much stays that way post-bite. Spiderboy.

He won't be a kid forever, and frankly after the next spidey movie, which starts almost immediately after Avengers 4 in the timeline, I think Peter will be portrayed a lot less as a kid and more as a young man. He's now seen some shit and it will change him.

Remember that homecoming was the end of his senior year of highschool, we're about to roll into Empire University era Peter Parker.

Last edited:
As a featured character I agree. Used smartly in smaller roles with some 4th wall breaking and off screen hyper violence that is true to his character though? Sign me up.
Wouldn't mind seeing deadpool take the Nick Fury role of doing some end credits, or randomly showing up for small bits, but I think He's better served in an X-force franchise where they can keep the R rating.

Wouldn't mind seeing deadpool take the Nick Fury role of doing some end credits, or randomly showing up for small bits, but I think He's better served in an X-force franchise where they can keep the R rating.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive concepts. Let him anchor DP & X Force franchises. Let him pop up in end credit scenes and random comic relief in carefully selected locations in franchises the character has some connection with (X Men/Wolverine, Spidey) or even characters that Deadpool has shared lesser but interesting page time with (Captain America...that could be ****ing hilarious, Doctor Strange)

I don't think they're mutually exclusive concepts. Let him anchor DP & X Force franchises. Let him pop up in end credit scenes and random comic relief in carefully selected locations in franchises the character has some connection with (X Men/Wolverine, Spidey) or even characters that Deadpool has shared lesser but interesting page time with (Captain America...that could be ****ing hilarious, Doctor Strange)

Yep, for sure. I could totally see him also take over a little bit like the Stan Lee cameos too. Like, have Iron Man and Cap fighting a big bad on the street, and then you pan over to Deadpool grabbing an ice cream cone from a cart and being like, "Nah, not my fight."

Back