• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

It is about money, but I think it is more about the money they could lose from having ONE thing happen and then Sony pictures could be sued up the wazoo. It ain't about the movie not doing well, its about getting sued by someone saying "you knew"

It is about money, but I think it is more about the money they could lose from having ONE thing happen and then Sony pictures could be sued up the wazoo. It ain't about the movie not doing well, its about getting sued by someone saying "you knew"

i highly doubt they are worried about being sued

There is no good excuse. They flat out let a dictator from across the world determine their business decisions because of anonymous internet hackers. Very un-American.

They are coward, commies bastards. That is the reason.

Last edited:
They think it might keep some movie goers away and it wont do well at the box office.

It is about $ not safety.
That makes even less sense than the safety explanation though.

No money at the box office is better than some money at the box office?

They announced $2B in losses back in October and their mobile division lost $1.2B...they're going to lose an additional $100M by pulling the Interview.

thanks

found the actual financial statements

looks like "devices" and "video games and network" both did well...but pictures and the rest did not

i understand devices to be cameras, Tvs, sound, etc
plus probably how they sell lenses, etc for pretty much every other company

Back