• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Really? I thought Voyager was hot garbage, but I loved DS9.

As for Discovery, it's been OK so far. One thing is that I'm not too enamored with is the decision to make yet another prequel series.

Well, I watched it, but can't say I actually liked any of the characters. And I struggle to remember any of the episodes or plotlines.

I watch it too. It's a little cheesy but I like the banter.

The banter was one of the first things I noticed. Star Trek is so sterile, but of course a helmsman and a whatever-the-other-guy-is would have lots of time for small-talk. Those two guys make me laugh, and when buddy woke up without his leg... I knew I'd be watching til it's canned.

I guess I'm a sucker for all things Star Trek but Voyager was awesome to me. It had encounters that were completely unique to the show due to them being lost in the Delta Quadrant. Janeway was a badass too. And so much Borg. DS9 was completely different from the others, but I liked it as well.

I'm curious where you guys all picked up your love for this franchise.

I literally can't think of one person who has ever told me they watch any Star Trek series.

Maybe it's because they don't want to publicize it, but still.

I've always been interested in Sci-Fi in general. I remember watching TOS re-runs when I was a kid and staying up to watch TNG re-runs at night as a teenager. It's either something you like or you don't I guess. Serious Sci Fi or cheesy, doesn't really matter to me. Like it all.

Yeah, I've never really been into it. Game of Thrones is the closest I get to that kinda stuff, and I think that's fantasy rather than sci-fi.

I never even really liked Star Wars. But I know lots of people who are obsessed with Star Wars, but aren't interested in Star Trek.

I have watched all the iterations countless times, TOS the most, DS9 the least. I ragged on Voyager but I watched it every week, just like all of them.

I love all things sci-fi.

it was wrath of khan that sucked me in as a kid. that was a flat out great movie.

then TNG made me a trekkie.

Well if there are any fans of British comedy I can recommend Toast of London on Netflix. It's kind of surreal like The Mighty Boosh. Seems stupid but becomes addictive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wrath of Khan is one of the very best sequels ever made. Incredible.
Others:
Godfather 2
Lethal Weapon 2
Wayne's World 2
Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum
Adams' Family Values
Empire Strikes Back
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Back