• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

this show is definitely better set up to exploit the upsidedown.

first episode that's given me tingles so far.

So without giving anything away, the guy who plays Voq is also playing someone else...guess who?

In the original credits the actor playing Voq used his moms last name.

I know eh?
It's early, but this may be my favourite iteration yet.

...keeping in mind the original is sacrosanct.
I loved TNG & DS9, but this series has been great so far.

It definitely blows "Voyager" or "Enterprise" out of the water.

So without giving anything away, the guy who plays Voq is also playing someone else...guess who?

In the original credits the actor playing Voq used his moms last name.
I don't think that's the only guy who's not what he seems to be either.

The farther we get into the show, the more I'm becoming convinced that (highlight for spoilers)...

...the Captain Lorca who's been with us since the start of the show is actually from the Mirror Universe.

I loved TNG & DS9, but this series has been great so far.

It definitely blows "Voyager" or "Enterprise" out of the water.

I don't think that's the only guy who's not what he seems to be either.

The farther we get into the show, the more I'm becoming convinced that (highlight for spoilers)...

...the Captain Lorca who's been with us since the start of the show is actually from the Mirror Universe.

I was thinking that (he could have even given stamets the coordinates) but then he should know how to cross universes already so why would he suffer the agonizer ?.

I was thinking that (he could have even given stamets the coordinates) but then he should know how to cross universes already so why would he suffer the agonizer ?.

Though maybe now that he has control of starship(s) over there instead of just being a rebel, maybe he wants to take the empress out. maybe this has been his plan with the spore drive all along.

(Highlight for potential Discovery spoilers)

That is an issue with this theory, but on the other hand, just because he crossed over doesn't necessarily mean that he knows how to replicate the process. Being from the Mirror Universe, he'd also be aware that the "agonizer" isn't exactly fun times, but it's not going to kill or permanently damage him.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the clues that I think point towards Lorca being his mirror counterpart:

The reveal earlier in the series that not only was Lorca somehow the sole survivor of his previous ship, but he actually destroyed it himself, ostensibly to avoid having his crew fall into Klingon hands. That story doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. But if he's Mirror Lorca, then it'd make perfect sense that the original Lorca's crew would have realized he was an imposter fairly quickly, and that he'd escape and blow up the ship to keep them from blowing his cover.

It explains the strange amount of importance he's placed on Burnham throughout the series. He'd be familiar with her abilities from her counterpart in the Mirror Universe, she gives him the means to control two ships over there, and she also gives him a reliable mole he can use to get close to the Emperor.

Looking back at the episode when that Admiral comes on board, every interaction he has with her is a giant, waving red flag. Whenever she mentions specific parts of their past, he doesn't appear to have any idea what she's talking about and deflects. She repeatedly mentions how he's been a completely different person for the last couple of months. And most of all, when they're in bed together and he jolts awake with a phaser in hand ready to kill her as soon as she lightly touches him, the assumption is that he's suffering from a bad case of PTSD. Or...maybe he's native to a certain Universe where officers are known to assassinate their captains in their sleep in order to become the new captain.

And then just other general things like Lorca's locked, private room basically being a shrine to all the different ways you can kill people in horrible ways, or him being by far the most morally grey (or downright sociopathic) Starfleet captain we've ever seen, in any series.

Though maybe now that he has control of starship(s) over there instead of just being a rebel, maybe he wants to take the empress out. maybe this has been his plan with the spore drive all along.
Yep, I think that's it.

Get the spore drive working to the point where he's mapped out a route back to the Mirror Universe and it can reliably take him there with his own ship, and then like I mentioned above, Burnham gives him both control over another ship, and the means to get close enough to the Emperor to kill her.

Foreign TV shows? Braquo and Gomorrah, sensational. All I can say. No refunds if you don't like, but I don't think anyone will be asking for one.

Back