• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

He's The Mountain I think. The maycer or however you call it, was working on him in a previous episode. There's no other character in the universe other than the wildling giants that is that huge.

It might be more than a year. The bnext book isn't completed. It could be delayed.
Not a chance. Just have a look at the publication dates for each book in the series so far:

A Game of Thrones - 1996
A Clash of Kings - 1998
A Storm of Swords - 2000
A Feast for Crows - 2005
A Dance with Dragons - 2011
The Winds of Winter - ??????
A Dream of Spring - ??????

HBO's not putting the most popular and lucrative TV show in the world on the shelf to wait for Martin to finish writing. If they did that, the series could be on hiatus until 2025.

He's The Mountain I think. The maycer or however you call it, was working on him in a previous episode. There's no other character in the universe other than the wildling giants that is that huge.

Yep. He is Robert Strong (likely the Mountain)

It might be more than a year. The bnext book isn't completed. It could be delayed.

They have already moved on from the books.

Though they did leave a lot of cliffhangers so that Martin could in theory release winds of winter before the next season.

But the show is now spoiling the books or completely off the books.

Sansa
Battle of Winterfell
Jaime
Brienne
Stannis

MArtin has also gone over the details of all the major characters with the showrunners of the show, so next year the show will surpass the books. They actually took a bit from book six in Arya's storyline over the last couple episodes, where she sees and deals with someone from her past. It was in one of the chapters already released.

Now in white....

Someone mentioned that it was 'coincidence' that Melisandre arrived at Castle Black prior to Jon's death. She is also there in the books, in fact never left with Stannis, but was forced to stay behind. That is one way he can come back, as we saw it with Thoros of Myr and Berric Dondarrion in the past.

Also, I have another theory. IT ties into Jon Snow's parentage. Who I think I Rhaghaer Targaryen an Lyanna Stark. Remember, Rhaghaer took Lyanna, leading to the Baratheon rebellion, and it has been said he did it for his true love. IN the books, as Lyanna dies, she makes Ned Stark promise something, and I feel that is too take care of her child. For if Robert, or anyone knew the truth, they would kill him as they attempted to do to Dany early on.

Anyway, I think he is of dragon blood. As they do with the dead in the north, they burn the bodies. I think they will do that to Jon, and the fire will bring him back to life, and Melisandre will see that it is Jon Snow, not Stannis who is the true king and Lord of the Light.

Anyway, that is my theory. Thoughts?

On a side note, massive, massive props to Lena Headey for last nights episode. That scene, with the walk was both brutal and brilliant, and for heras an actress it must have been so hard to film. To put yourself out there like that, and receive that abuse, acting or not it is out of anyone's real comfort zone ,yet she never once broke character. Possibly the best acted single scene in the entire series.

MArtin has also gone over the details of all the major characters with the showrunners of the show, so next year the show will surpass the books. They actually took a bit from book six in Arya's storyline over the last couple episodes, where she sees and deals with someone from her past. It was in one of the chapters already released.

Now in white....

Someone mentioned that it was 'coincidence' that Melisandre arrived at Castle Black prior to Jon's death. She is also there in the books, in fact never left with Stannis, but was forced to stay behind. That is one way he can come back, as we saw it with Thoros of Myr and Berric Dondarrion in the past.

Also, I have another theory. IT ties into Jon Snow's parentage. Who I think I Rhaghaer Targaryen an Lyanna Stark. Remember, Rhaghaer took Lyanna, leading to the Baratheon rebellion, and it has been said he did it for his true love. IN the books, as Lyanna dies, she makes Ned Stark promise something, and I feel that is too take care of her child. For if Robert, or anyone knew the truth, they would kill him as they attempted to do to Dany early on.

Anyway, I think he is of dragon blood. As they do with the dead in the north, they burn the bodies. I think they will do that to Jon, and the fire will bring him back to life, and Melisandre will see that it is Jon Snow, not Stannis who is the true king and Lord of the Light.

Anyway, that is my theory. Thoughts?

targs can burn

as Egg and aemon did

Yeah, I dig it. I'm not a huge fan of Martin as a writer and story crafter, but even he can't think that it's a good idea to form a coherent narrative if you keep killing off core, plot driving characters over and over and over.

targs can burn

as Egg and aemon did

Some can yes, true dragon blood doesn't. Dany for example.

As for switching it up, apparently(story from Martin himself and one of the producers) when HBO came to him to make the show, the first question he asked was who was JOn's mother. When they answered it correctly, then he agreed to allow the show to be made.

my only worry is that he figures everybody is on to it so he changes it up

Maybe, but at this point all I care about is what he told the HBO people. I had been reading the books but no longer give a **** about them, I'm sick of these *******s writing these massive multi volume stories and then taking their sweet ****ing time in finishing them. Brandon Sanderson churns out a few books a year and when asked how he does it, was a bit stunned anyone would ask him, just said that he writes a little bit every day and that turns out to be a ton of product. Basically, I'm done with waiting 5-6 years in between books.

So yeah, at this point, I consider HBO's ending to be adapted cannon. Anything that greatly differs from the final HBO seasons in the books, is quite likely to be something GRRM got pissy about and changed. I've got little time for that grumpy old prick to behind with, less so since he's received so many interviews over the last few years.

Maybe, but at this point all I care about is what he told the HBO people. I had been reading the books but no longer give a **** about them, I'm sick of these *******s writing these massive multi volume stories and then taking their sweet ****ing time in finishing them. Brandon Sanderson churns out a few books a year and when asked how he does it, was a bit stunned anyone would ask him, just said that he writes a little bit every day and that turns out to be a ton of product. Basically, I'm done with waiting 5-6 years in between books.

So yeah, at this point, I consider HBO's ending to be adapted cannon. Anything that greatly differs from the final HBO seasons in the books, is quite likely to be something GRRM got pissy about and changed. I've got little time for that grumpy old prick to behind with, less so since he's received so many interviews over the last few years.

I have to agree with you here. I will still read the books, but with the HBO series pulling ahead, there is no way that the show won't influence(for better or for worse) GRRM's writing.

It does get tiring that writers of epic series' (GRRM and Robert Jordan) fall victim to their own success and take forever to write the books. The last few books that Sanderson wrote for Jordan's Wheel of Time series were some of the best written volumes of the series. To make matters worse, the writers get all pissy (like you said) when asked when the next book is coming out. They can't have a successful product and then turn around and expect everyone to sit on their hands waiting and waiting and waiting...

As far as some of the theories (book spoilers):

She got blinded first, then went around the city by using her other senses, as part of her training. She gets her sight restored eventually.
Reek and Sansa (or Jeyne Poole) jumped off the wall into a deep pile of snow and weren't badly hurt.
Jon Snow will likely be resurrected by Melisandre, or by a fire for being a Targ. Being "killed" releases him of his vows to the Watch. He will likely team up with Dany and Tyrion eventually. I would rather see him head to Winterfell, as there "must always be a Stark in Winterfell". I imagine an undead Jon and Ghost could clean the Bolton's out pretty quick.
Stannis was likely not killed by Brienne. When he said to due her duty, she probably left to go find Sansa. A Brienne/Ramsay fight would be epic...
Myrcella. If she dies, I am sure it will mean war between the Lannisters and Dorne.
Dany might actually get a khalasar again. At the end of her scene, it didn't look like they were going to attack her. Not sure where that will be going. Having her taken prisoner, then Drogon rescuing her seems too easy.
The Mountain. The new Kingsguard is Robert Strong the animated body of the Mountain. Man, Qyburn became one of my favourites. The Mountain will be harder to kill now, I imagine!

The thing that really gets me with GRRM's writing is that apparently every word of every ASOIAF book has been written in his home, on a giant, old MS-DOS computer using WordStar 4.0 Word processing software (released in 1985) that looks like this:

LnOWKowl.png

This is the only computer, and only software he'll write with. So, whenever he's on the road, as he frequently is as a celebrity author---he's not writing anything. And when he is at home and actually writing, apparently he's still only able to type using one finger.

So yeah, I'd love to read the end of the books---but bring on the TV show finally letting us know the broad strokes of how this story ends.

Back