• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Just got back from Cancun, and I actually like the selection of movies on the flights now... (God those of you near 40 remember having 1 8inch tv every few rows and you'd have to watch whatever they saw fit, or the pull down movie screen and the headphones that literally were plastic tubes that funnelled the sound coming from the arm rest... located conveniently next to the ash tray in each seat)

But I finally saw Boyhood, Nightcrawler, and Whiplash.

And holy cow, I don't know why Whiplash wasn't a top contender for best picture, editing, and director.
I loved that movie. That relationship was amazing to see it go through what it does. To me it's the best movie of the year.
I liked Boyhood... I thought it captured alot of those small moments that we realize seem to happen to all of us boys, from staring at a dead bird at the side of your house, to getting to that age where you think you've figured it all out and everyone else is an idiot. I also though Ethan Hawke was the better supporting actor in that role than Arquette.
I found Gyllennhall in Nightcrawler awesomely creepy. I kind of saw in him that he could play a joker type of character. I know they have Leto doing it for the Suicide Squad movie, but I think Gyllenhall has the chops. Loved his acting in that movie.

I'm buying Whiplash on blueray just to watch that again, in 5.1 sound.

House of Cards season 3......a big bucket of meh.
Yep. I watched the whole thing, but that show's jumped the shark. A lot of what made the show compelling for me (FU's scheming to rise to power, the side-story of the journalists trying to dig up the bodies he'd left in his wake) just isn't there anymore.

And the new storylines (him trying to hold on to power, him vs. Claire, him vs. knockoff Putin) just fell flat.

blech Walking Dead this week after a good episode last week.

It's been a great season overall. This was an okay episode, but I get it. It was a bridge episode, between so last weeks gruesomeness, the priest not being nice and next weeks mayhem. Had to set a few things up, thus Daryl and Aaron with the newly dead. Rick losing his manure and so on. The only question is how high the live body count will be next week, and who is part of the count.

Back