• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Yeah i was disappointed with that finale as well.

Episode 2 might have been the best in the whole series though.
It's up there, I wouldn't rank it the best.

My favorite episodes are the 3 episodes from Season 2 (Scandal in Belgravia, Hounds of Buskerville, Reichenbach fall) ... but the "Trumph episode" is right up there too

Too many great shows to waste time on ones that don't work.

The final 20 minutes of season 4 episode 3 got a bit convoluted... other than that Sherlock is as good as any TV ever made. It's phenomenal and "works" incredibly well.

Watched Sherlock season (and possible series) finale and it's a major letdown.

Like so many mystery / detective series, producer feels the need to out-do the brilliant work they have done in the past and ended up creating an overly-convoluted plot that makes absolutely no sense and is full of plot holes. I never really buy into the whole Eurus story, but the way they presented it make it even more artificial. In the end the finale fell short on both the mystery plot side and the drama side.

Season 4 is still great though overall, cause Ep1+2 are brilliant. I hope they do make season 5 to erase the memory of a poor finale.

I kinda felt the same but only for the final 20 minutes or so. The rest of the episode was great... then it just got (as you mentioned) convoluted at the end. It was actually playing out to be possibly the best episode yet.

I kinda felt the same but only for the final 20 minutes or so. The rest of the episode was great... then it just got (as you mentioned) convoluted at the end. It was actually playing out to be possibly the best episode yet.
I dunno ... to me, even the beginning of the episode was dumb, with the whole "oh it must be a nightmare cause it's so crazy" and then it turns out to be an orchestrated act by Sherlock & Co for Mycroft ...

I never like these "Oh in fact, you had a sibling that you never knew" storylines to begin with, and the whole episode is based on the fact Eurus is a super-manipulator who manages to manipulate everyone at the jail, to a point she could transport the warden's wife to the jail and ultimately kill her ... it's just not plausible. Again, it's a case where the produce / writer wants the finale to be the 'best' episode so they just one-up on everything in the past, be it plot twist, or villain, or surprises ... in the end it's just unrealistic.

His new show 'Sneaky Pete' is pretty good too...

[video=youtube;OG_zb8VZPMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_zb8VZPMA[/video]

"Split" features a fantastic performance by James Mcavoy. I enjoyed it a lot. The wife did not. The ending was quite interesting. It will create a lot of buzz, so I'd say see it early before it's spoiled.

Last edited:
M Night movies have been such utter shit that I don't know that I care to bother.

I read there's some crazy cameo at the end, but I think I'd almost rather know it in advance to decide if it's worth catching the flick. That said, when it finds its way to tv I'm sure I'll sit down and watch it sometime.

I'm honestly shocked that M.Night Shamalamadingdong still manages to find people willing to finance his movies.

He's been living off "The Sixth Sense" for almost 20 years now.

Back