• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

AlexanderL_228x350.jpg

It should also be more encouraging to Vaughn haters that he appears to be playing a life criminal trying to reform, as opposed to one of the Detectives.

Rumor has it there will be three detectives and Vaughn's character revolved around a murder conspiracy. The female detective and other detective still need to be cast.

Watched the third ep. of season two Utopia this morning; I think they're exceeding the first season so I'm happy, but I hope it ends soon enough that it stays this good.

The second one was not good at all, but this one looks a lot better. No chance that it's as good as the original but I gotta admit that I got a chuckle out of the "good luck."

Liam Neeson shooting mother****ers....what's not to like?

Finally watching Arrow, don't why it took me this long to watch it.

The Equalizer was a pretty good flick.

Was missing something. Lacking much of a story line.

Anyone watch the Simpsons/Family Guy mash? Pretty good.

Just got back from seeing The Equalizer and really enjoyed it. Damn Denzel is one bad mother****er.

Previous movie I saw was The November Man where Brosnan kicked some serious butt.

Then you have Liam Neeson in Non Stop and the new Taken.

These late 50's guys can really get it done. Love it.

transparent.png

Insanely well written show made for Amazon, that's now available on torrents.......unlike anything else on TV.

Might not be to everyone's tastes, as the subject matter is a little different and it's primarily just a straight up family drama....but the writing and performances are all truly exceptional.

Some of it's brilliance is incredibly subtle...like capturing the minutia of day to day interactions between friends/family and conveying them with a sense of realism that kind of makes your forget you're watching a show. (interaction between the siblings in particular is really well done, and Gaby Hoffman steals virtually every scene she's in)

Will be interesting to see what kind of an audience it gets....but artistically it's as well crafted as any other drama on 'television'......well worth giving the first two episodes a go, at least, to see what you think.

Literally had Transparent queued up and ready to watch the other day... then we realized we had the finale of Ray Donovan to watch so we watched that instead. Definitely looking forward to watching it though.

That said, Ray Donovan is so awesome. Easily in my all time top 5 slightly behind The Wire, Breaking Bad and Sherlock.

Back