• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

Context >

It's Gordon's third time getting busted, he also got caught for DWI after his third failed test.....all but ensuring Goddell wouldn't be showing him any leniency. Also, under the NFL's drug policy (which was agreed to by the Player's Union) drugs are drugs.....if you know it's a banned substance, and that you'll be tested....and you still fail 3 times? I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for you.

Ray Rice was a first time offender, had a great track record of charitable and community work on his resume and his own wife went before Godell asking for leniency with the suspension.

Which isn't to say that I believe (a) they should suspend for pot, or (b) that Rice shouldn't have received a harsher sentence.......but to pretend the two suspensions are comparable 1-1, is to ignore the reality of each individual situation, and the additional circumstances surrounding them.

Oh no doubt, Gordon is a grade A moron. You get caught that many times you deserve what you get. On the surface it looks real bad to the casual fan. NFL has always been tougher on drugs than domestic violence though, and the reason seems simple enough. Players on recreational drugs might not perform as well compared to clean players, and that would damage the product. Players treating their spouses as punching bags or getting into fights in night clubs doesn't hurt the product.

I'd like leagues to stop punishing players for things they get punished for (eg jail/fines/etc) outside of work.

The only reason the two suspensions aren't comparable is because the drug policy and the code of conduct don't treat violations the same. These results show that the policies should work in unison though.

Non performance enhancing drugs should not be treated harsher than violent crimes, or even as harshly as performance enhancing drugs. If anything you should be looking to help those people instead of punishing them. If a guy has failed 3 drug tests for recreational drugs maybe he has issues that kicking him to the curb isn't the best way to deal with.

I don't care how many times you get caught smoking weed, beating your wife is the bigger problem.

Really the NFL shouldn't even give a shit about weed. Not worth the effort.

Last edited:
quick question for you fantasy junkies

Finished up an auction draft on Tuesday and the first trade has been accepted.

Forte for Rivers (in a 2 QB league)

Forte went for $55 in the auction and Rivers went for $9.

Wondering what your thoughts are of this trade?

Thanks for the feedback. Thinks it's BS myself. Even casual fans should know that the trade is unbalanced. I'm not sure why they don't offer up Alfred Morris or Jordy Nelson for a QB (it's a 10 team league, there are QB's to be had).

That is bad... even though it's a 2 QB league so that brings up Rivers' value... and $55 is a lot for in an auction league... still a baffling trade.

It's a money league so wondering about collusion. Completely unbalances the rosters now.

However, I am very against vetoing so I resorted to mocking and shaming.

The NFL has stiffened its penalties for domestic violence, instituting a six-game suspension for a first-time offense and "lifetime ban" for a second.

My first effort in an NFL PPR Money league

QB-Aaron Rodgers
RB-Matt Forte
RB-Toby Gerhart
WR-Antonio Brown
WR-Michael Floyd
WR-Emmanuel Sanders
TE-Heath Miller
FLEX-Brandin Cooks
DEF-Week to Week
DB-Jonathan Cyprien
DB-Jarius Byrd
LB-Perry Riley Jr
LB-Nick Roach
DE-Mario Williams
DE-Jason Pierre Paul
BN-Steven Jackson
BN-Mark Ingram
BN-James White
BN-Jordan Mathews
BN-Ladarrius Green
BN-Ben Roethlisberger

My first effort in an NFL PPR Money league

QB-Aaron Rodgers
RB-Matt Forte
RB-Toby Gerhart
WR-Antonio Brown
WR-Michael Floyd
WR-Emmanuel Sanders
TE-Heath Miller
FLEX-Brandin Cooks
DEF-Week to Week
DB-Jonathan Cyprien
DB-Jarius Byrd
LB-Perry Riley Jr
LB-Nick Roach
DE-Mario Williams
DE-Jason Pierre Paul
BN-Steven Jackson
BN-Mark Ingram
BN-James White
BN-Jordan Mathews
BN-Ladarrius Green
BN-Ben Roethlisberger

Need a WR - Emmanuel is not someone you want to count on, more of a gamble. Same for Cooks in your Flex. I'd want to have a RB in the flex if possible.

Like Rodgers/Forte/Gerhart as the core

Rest is a lot of meh. Also, you do IDP as well as team DEF? that's weird - usually one or the other

Sanders is going to replicate what Decker did in Denver, and if Welker misses anytime, maybe even more.

And yeah Cooks is a pure upside pick, but i like him in N.O.....and i'm cool putting in Steven Jackson if i have to.

Sanders is going to replicate what Decker did in Denver, and if Welker misses anytime, maybe even more.

And yeah Cooks is a pure upside pick, but i like him in N.O.....and i'm cool putting in Steven Jackson if i have to.

agreed on upside, however sanders is a risk as a starter IMO. but hey he's your #3,what do you expect

as an aside, I think you should try and get 1 more decent RB in case of injury

Should be someone available off the waiver or during the season for this purpose

how many teams are in this league? 16?

but with 3 WR and a FLEX spot, skill positions fill up

Not a lot of teams draft a backup QB or TE either.

I took Ben Roethliesberger in the last round just because i felt he was too good to be on the wire.

90% of the time i'm not benching Rodgers, though with @Seattle in week 1, i'm considering it.

Are any of these guys on the wire:

Jonathan Stewart
Khiry Robinson
Roy Helu
Ronnie Hillman
Chris Ivory

Just trying to get a sense for players remaining

Back