• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

praykc.0.gif

Jay Glazer
Yes the Raiders informed Dennis Allen he is fired over the phone rather than talk to him on an 11 hour flight home from London.

That's cold man...

I think Miami's O-line could potentially win them the division....which is insane given where their line was 8 months ago.

Did you guys see Patriots' post game interview? Someone asked Bilicheck if he'll be "reevaluating the QB position moving forward.

Dumb dumb dumb. How do these journalists get these jobs?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000404929/article/nfl-will-begin-testing-for-human-growth-hormone-on-monday

The NFL will begin testing for human growth hormone on Monday, according to NFL Media's Albert Breer, per a source briefed on the situation.

The league and the NFL Players Association announced an agreement on a new drug policy on Sept. 19 that included HGH testing for the first time ever.

"As you know, the new Performance Enhancing Substances Policy includes HGH testing. Testing for HGH will begin on Monday, October 6th," NFLPA president Eric Winston said in a letter to players. "Each week of the season, 5 players on 8 teams will be tested. No testing will occur on game days. We negotiated to ensure that the methodology of testing be conducted in the most professional and safest manner for players. Importantly, after three years of negotiating, players won the right to challenge any aspect of the science behind the HGH isoforms test in an appeal of a positive test."

It also stated that any positive test violations of both substances of abuse and performance enhancing drug policies -- which includes HGH -- will be handled by an independent arbitrator.

What say you?

Is there going to be a flood or a trickle?

Its the "Each week of the season, 5 players on 8 teams will be tested" that kills me.

Reeks of politics if you ask me.

I'd be interested to hear how they're testing for GH, because I was under the impression that growth hormone was out of your system very quickly (it's a small, daily injection similar to how diabetics take insulin....small dosage, tiny gauge needle).

Yeah, this sounds like PR speak to make the masses happy. Short of someone hitting their daily dose that morning, it should be out of the player's system by the time they're tested. Unless if a testing regimen I've never heard of is being used, a player could inject from Monday-Friday and still be pretty confident he'd pass a screening on Sunday.

Back