• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

Yeah, it's called a harm reduction strategy. That's kind of my point. Pitching a "don't **** this up" message (to borrow LM's point for a moment) is only preaching to the converted. For the rest, harm reduction is the key. Reduce the amount of damage they do to their careers and lives. Harm reduction. Just like sex education. Harm reduction.

I don't see the connection at all. if anything, sex ed = be smart. Fall guy = accusse another guy of being the dad or pay the girl have an abortion.

I don't see the connection at all. if anything, sex ed = be smart. Fall guy = accusse another guy of being the dad or pay the girl have an abortion.

Well, there's obviously some shit you need to own if you do it regardless of who you are. But there's a lot of shit that can go sideways in the lives these guys lead that having one of your boys step forward and say "oh no, he didn't throw that punch in the club, I did" that is absolutely beneficial.

Who is better off eating that assault charge?

Well, there's obviously some shit you need to own if you do it regardless of who you are. But there's a lot of shit that can go sideways in the lives these guys lead that having one of your boys step forward and say "oh no, he didn't throw that punch in the club, I did" that is absolutely beneficial.

Who is better off eating that assault charge?

I agree with all this...

As an aside, I also think that while NFL players get arrested every week, it's not like they're all out there throwing punches every 2nd night out. Those individuals who take it too far also displayed the same behaviour in college -- a place where they've already learned how to be part of a star system, and assembled and trained their entourage. College is a high stakes game.

That's another reason why I think Carter and Sapp's advice was useless.

College is a high stakes game...but the ability to get into trouble for the players is significantly smaller. If you're a RB from a random hood in Cali, you're not bringing your boys with you to Ohio State. Shit changes a bit once you get drafted by Arizona and get your 1st round signing bonus.

I agree with all this...

That's how I took Carter's advice though. You have a few of your boys living off your career, on your payroll....if shit goes sideways, they need to be stepping up to eat whatever can be eaten.

Need some help. In a fantasy pool that drafts this week but have done zero research and won't have any time to do so. Does anyone have a good site for rankings, ideally with a tier breakdown?

This new Will Smith movie should be fun for the NFL.

Yeah. The NFL is not a big fan of these things. They forced ESPN to shut down the series "Playmakers". That was a heck of a series. It's available on YouTube if you haven't seen it (was shot in Toronto too).

Back