• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

:lol

No lie.

When the Expos went under I just gave up on baseball. Forget choosing another team. It didn't help that the asshats involved, Loria and Samson, were given the Marlins afterwards. Insult to injury.

I couldn't switch to the Bills if they come to Toronto, dislike runs far too deep. If we got an expansion team I could probably switch. That, IMO is the only case in which switching teams is acceptable.

Geno finished up a nice preseason for himself, and while it's still up in the air if he'll be any good.....he's definitely showing flashes of progression, especially in pocket presence, accuracy, using the weapon that is his legs, and defense recognition.

Liking the chemistry he's shown with Decker so far too.....

Our decimated secondary is my biggest concern atm.

Feels like any strides made on offense could be nullified by a drop in our D.....that said our front 7 is gonna be lethal.

Not really.....our offense was always our weakest point, and all Jets fans readily acknowledged that. Hell, your "Jets offense just needs to be mediocre" is damn near a verbatim regurgitation of what I'd say every pre-season.

With Sanchez I simply always said it was dumb for people to write him off so early.....noting plenty of good QB's had similarly shitty starts to their careers. Also said he'd his development would be benefit greatly from quality offensive coaching, instead of playing for the likes of Schotty and Sporano......and he's looked like a completely different QB under Chip Kelly's tutelage this pre-season.

I feel similarly about Tannenhill, now too.

BwD4H7YIQAAuj7s.png

Really? A league with a higher ratio of violent criminal offenders than any other major league suspended a guy for an entire season because of pot?

Truly bizarre.

Gordon took and passed over 70 drug tests, but failed the one that led to this suspension by 0.01 nanograms per milliliter.

The NFL has everything ass backwards. It'd be laughable if it wasn't so ridiculous. I've heard they are trying to leverage laxer recreational drug rules into tougher PED testing which I agree with, but they look like a joke when they take recreational drug use more serious than domestic abuse.

Context >

It's Gordon's third time getting busted, he also got caught for DWI after his third failed test.....all but ensuring Goddell wouldn't be showing him any leniency. Also, under the NFL's drug policy (which was agreed to by the Player's Union) drugs are drugs.....if you know it's a banned substance, and that you'll be tested....and you still fail 3 times? I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for you.

Ray Rice was a first time offender, had a great track record of charitable and community work on his resume and his own wife went before Godell asking for leniency with the suspension.

Which isn't to say that I believe (a) they should suspend for pot, or (b) that Rice shouldn't have received a harsher sentence.......but to pretend the two suspensions are comparable 1-1, is to ignore the reality of each individual situation, and the additional circumstances surrounding them.

Last edited:
Poor Cleveland.

The last time they had a "one of the best players in the league" kinda guys, you have to go back to Jim Brown.

This is so Cleveland.

Back